In Flames' Recording of New Album

Well, I had the chance to try out my 'el cheapo' ribbon as an overhead. Pretty cool sound, much smoother than my Oktavas.... There's also a lot more information going on in the sub 500hz region.

For a real treat, I plugged it into my Distressor, set it to "Nuke", and was completely blown away. WOW! :OMG: Thunder of the gods!

Exsanguis said:
Hey, I was just surfing around In Flames' site, and found a bunch of pics of the drum tracking from their newest cd sessions. Here's the link . Can anyone tell me any of the mic's? I've always been a big fan of the drum sounds Bergstrand's gotten, and am curious as to what he uses. It seems like there's a lot of Overhead mics up there, but I dunno. Any help or info would be cool.
:yell: I STOPPED BUYING IN FLAMES ALBUMS AFTER WHORACLE--ACTUALLY REROUTE. THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO THAT ORIGIONAL GOTHENBERG SOUND. REROUTE AND THEIR LAST ALBUM WAS SO WEAK. AND THEIR LIVE SHOW AT HELLFEST SUCKED TOO. NARKOSYNTHESIS

NARKOSYNTHESIS said:
:yell: I STOPPED BUYING IN FLAMES ALBUMS AFTER WHORACLE--ACTUALLY REROUTE. THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO THAT ORIGIONAL GOTHENBERG SOUND. REROUTE AND THEIR LAST ALBUM WAS SO WEAK. AND THEIR LIVE SHOW AT HELLFEST SUCKED TOO. NARKOSYNTHESIS

That's nice :rolleyes:

NARKOSYNTHESIS said:

I personally think Clayman was their best albumn in terms of song writting and i also think that bergstands production sounds good on RR and STYE. its a nice change from their old sound. In a way a bit like Darkest hour "hidden hand of a sadist nation" doesnt sound like anything else Fredrik nordstrom has done

(sorry bout the spelling :Spin: )

Ben moi j'ai réussi à choper Come Clarity (mais je ne vous dirai pas comment, de toutes façons si vous ne comprenez pas le français c'est raté ^^) hé ben cet album déchire tout !!!! C'est une tuerie il est trop bien !! Il sortira donc le 3 Février en france et un truc comme le 7 février aux states :) et sera livré avec un DVD montrant IN FLAMES jouant tout l'album dans une salle de répétition (si !! si !!)

PS : Si vous comprenez ceci, c'est que vous parlez français

Even though I defended Bergstrand earlier in this thread, I suppose I'm sick of the drum sound that In Flames has had on Reroute & Soundtrack, and I was hoping for something different with this release. I give him props for consistency, but this sound is starting to wear on me a bit, the toms in particular. A pretty cool new record all around, some definite nods to Soilwork, which I enjoy. :)

What the hell is going on here?? First the caps and now french! What next? A message in chinese AND caps? (not that I can tell the differenc between chinese caps and normal chinese. Hell, do chinese caps even exist??)

I don't dig bergstrand too much... I'm more fond of clean, sharp, so to speak... I guess that's why I post here :Spin:

the new album has better drum sound and the songs are better than stye, although they are pretty formulaic, but as long as they are good it doesn't matter. R2R was better song wise, but i think STYE had really clear production although i hate the guitar tones, they might as well have poked me in the ears with icepicks.

Kazrog said:
Even though I defended Bergstrand earlier in this thread, I suppose I'm sick of the drum sound that In Flames has had on Reroute & Soundtrack, and I was hoping for something different with this release. I give him props for consistency, but this sound is starting to wear on me a bit, the toms in particular. A pretty cool new record all around, some definite nods to Soilwork, which I enjoy. :)

...and since Soilwork used to be influenced very heavily by In Flames and At the gates this sounds very ironic...

...don't you think?
:D

man i hate being away from this forum like i have been lately. anyways..

i sorta like the way the last 2 in flames cd's sound even though they technically dont sound as clean as the nordstrom productions i think they still have their own thing going on. i dont care i like it, its a vibe. cant wait to hear this new one actually.