In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I'm alright with not getting any news. I think it would be interesting to listen to the album without any preconceptions about it. Be able to give as unbiased an opinion as possible.
In do agree in a way.
I do want as much news as possible, but the more time that goes without any news I think it's positive anyways since when something happens it will be totally fresh. Though let's say the album leaks 1week before release, I will not be able to restrain myself. I know I'll Pre-order the album anyways so I won't have any thoughts of downloading it as I've payed for it anyway. But I think that your opinion is shared with IF themselves as well, unless the release date has been massively postponed or something...

Swedish metallers IN FLAMES have inked a deal with Century Media Records. The band's tenth album, "Sounds Of A Playground Fading", will be released on the following dates:

Sweden - June 15
Germany - June 17
Rest Of Europe - June 20
North America - June 21

The first single will be out in early May.

So June in the states? Not bad, though I was hoping for a may release, would have been a great birthday present.:(

Still though, getting a single out in may should be pretty cool, wonder when they'll release the tracklist and art.

In an exclusive interview with the Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet, IN FLAMES vocalist Anders Fridén, 38, revealed that "Sounds Of A Playground Fading" will almost certainly challenge the band's fans' musical expectations.

"We have some songs that pretty much go against the hard rock formula," he said. "There's a song called 'The Attic' where we have an accordion playing the chorus instead of me singing it. Another song begins with a spoken-word part that evolves into a kind of hard DEPECHE MODE-type thing. We also have some really fast, typical IN FLAMES tunes.

He added, "We've never denied where we come from, but at the same time we like to challenge our listeners."

"Sounds Of A Playground Fading" is the first IN FLAMES album to be recorded without founding guitarist Jesper Strömblad, who quit the band in February 2010 in order to continue receiving treatment for his alcohol addiction.

"It's a really sad situation," Anders said. "We're talking about a friend whom we've known for a really long time. It's like a relationship that has burnt out. It just didn't work out anymore. He's a really great guy in many ways, but it's important that everybody can get along. If they don't, it affects a lot of people."

He continued, "We've lived with this for many years, and it's really sad that things are the way they are. I wish they weren't."

Fridén also talked about the often dark lyrical content on "Sounds Of A Playground Fading".

"Some people I know have passed away, and then you have kids being born," he explained. "I've got two kids myself and, of course, it has affected the songwriting. Suddenly you're not alone anymore."

IN FLAMES recently officially recruited Niclas Engelin from fellow Swedes ENGEL as its new second guitarist.

Sad stuff about Jesper.

I get the feeling this album is going to be the one that really breaks away from their old sound pretty much entirely.

Just came here to add that the Aftonbladet interview is very weirdly translated. The part about Jesper is really weird, and the part about the lyrics is also oddly translated. The rest is pretty much accurate though.

Also Anders said it was a tramp organ in that chorus, not an accordion...

As well as skipping some parts of the interview and not even translating them...
I wonder who the retard is that ''translated'' that interview while skipping some paragraphs.

Anders also said the dynamic of writing hasn't changed that much. It went from he, Bjorn and Jesper writing songs, down to just them two.

I'm not worried about this 'Depeche Mode' type thing- i think they have always had that slower, alternative vibe going on in their music (most prominant in Reroute and STYE). I'm looking forward to these different song structures I.E not same old rock song structure.

"This is number 10..... Album number 10!!!!! That we even made it this far, that is amazing. Then, to deliver the album of our career that is something else..... It's fast, slow, heavy and mellow. It's happy, sad, angry and calm. Sounds of a playground Fading is everything we ever done on crack (it’s a metaphor boys and girls), it's cask strength whisky when it's THAT perfect moment. Use and abuse!!!!!" - In Flames

Album Artwork
207454_176790225703078_134855083229926_380475_5153370_n.jpg

Tracklisting:

1. Sounds Of a Playground Fading
2. Deliver Us
3. All For Me
4. The Puzzle
5. Fear Is The Weakness
6. Where The Dead Ships Dwell
7. The Attic
8. Darker Times
9. Ropes
10. Enter Tragedy
11. Jester’s Door
12. A New Dawn
13. Liberation

Sweet song titles! Your thoughts?

My opinion goes like this: The artwork is nothing short of awesome in my book (and the best since Colony)
For the track listing, very interesting song titles, especially 11. Jester's Door, been a LONG time since there was a Jester titled song. Also ''Where The Dead Ships Dwell'' sounds like an Amon Amarth song title almost. Very much looking forward to this album at the moment.

My opinion goes like this: The artwork is nothing short of awesome in my book (and the best since Colony)
For the track listing, very interesting song titles, especially 11. Jester's Door, been a LONG time since there was a Jester titled song. Also ''Where The Dead Ships Dwell'' sounds like an Amon Amarth song title almost. Very much looking forward to this album at the moment.

And how! I'm getting more and more excited for this by the day.

And how! I'm getting more and more excited for this by the day.

Wait until you see the first studio episode, it will come out for the public today at 18.00CET if I remember correctly, there's an awesome but short snippet/sample of a song you can hear in the episode :)