In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I dont see the filler material on Come Clarity that everyone is referring to. For me its their best post-Clayman album, and I rarely listen to just a single song from it, its usually from start to finish. The only bad thing I can say about it is the Scream, the lyrics to be precise.

Hmm, looking at it you're actually right. The only filler song is Pacing Death's Trail, which is a real nothing of a song. Come Clarity & Scream are bleurgh. All the other songs range from good to great.

I don't have too many issues with In Flames's post-clayman work, but I must admit that I don't like almost all of the songs on ASOP. Except maybe March to the Shore which is ok in my books. :p

I thought that everybody liked ASOP for the longest time. This is really surprising to me. I loved that album and it was the first In Flames album that I wasn't excited for. Prior to it's release I hadn't listened to IF in quite a while so I thought that I was just losing interest. Then I heard a few songs and it all came back.

About Anders plans, maybe he is a huge Jönssonligan fan.
The main charactar in the movies always have a plan, and always says I have a plan! Very popular movies in sweden in the 1980-90s. :)

It's all part of a plan! ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzAlrZ9Rqus&feature=related[/ame]

27s into the video he is saying: -jag har en plan (I have a plan).

Hmm, looking at it you're actually right. The only filler song is Pacing Death's Trail, which is a real nothing of a song. Come Clarity & Scream are bleurgh. All the other songs range from good to great.

Pacing Death's Trail's chorus is extremely similar to the chorus in "Feed the Cold" by Sacrilege GBG, I've recently noticed. I often see that song as a good throwback to old-school melodeath, for that reason.

I thought that everybody liked ASOP for the longest time. This is really surprising to me. I loved that album and it was the first In Flames album that I wasn't excited for. Prior to it's release I hadn't listened to IF in quite a while so I thought that I was just losing interest. Then I heard a few songs and it all came back.

Same here, man. The first comment I ever heard about ASOP before its release was a comment on the Mirror's Truth video which read "god fucking awful." The second was "IF is fucking dead and buried." Which sucked, because I thought the album kicked ass. Hell, I'd even call it one of my favorites.

...Though you just can't beat The Jester Race. Just can't.

I love The Jester Race. Man, I even love Lunar Strain and Subterranean. Still, I don't see any single album as being obviously better or worse than the rest. That's an opinion that I've held for the longest time and I know it isn't a common one. That was what kept me interested in the band when I first discovered them. Of course at the time, I was just downloading random songs from Kazaa, before I had any concept of the chronology or grouping of the songs by album. They were all just songs by some band called In Flames. I made mixed CDs with whatever songs I most recently downloaded which included everything from Lunar Strain to Soundtrack to Your Escape (from Come Clarity onward, I started buying the albums so mixed CDs were obsolete). Each song that I found had something that was interesting enough that I would listen to it over and over.

It's funny how much of a different experience it is to listen to songs completely out of context. Songs like Transparent and Bottled... and any other that most people seem to dislike were stand-outs to me.

:popcorn:

Man, you guys are mildy entertaining... alright, you're fairly hilarious- i'll give you that one :D

Come Clarity is probably one of my favourite albums ever- my favourite to come out of 2006 (or whenever it was released) for sure! And i don't see what everyone is complaining about- i think Anders pulls off good performaces live! Okay there are always times when his voice is fucked up after a long tour, or he's had a few beers and can't sing the lyrics properly, but about 80% of the time his vocal performances are great (especially with the newer material, Deliver Us on stage is fucking smooth).

I watched a Soilwork video on Youtube of some festival, where Bjorn/Speed just slurs all of the lyrics and he just drunkenly yells every line of every song. You can tell he was pissed off his face- but he hardly chooses the easiest vocal style in the studio to perform on stage. His vocals are so huge on the albums, it's no wonder he struggles to replicate them! Anders, on the other hand, doesn't have insanely huge lungs when it comes to clean, proper singing... but i've seen a few bootlegs on Youtube where he sings the songs from Come Clarity perfectly. The backing tracks don't get in the way, and he sings them almost how they are sung on the album. I had that concert on my iPod for a while, until it got wiped. I'll have to search and find them again, 'cause everyone seems to be finding the videos highlighting Anders' worst performaces :(

And he definitely sings the word 'Pine' in Coerced. I just presume he means Pain, as he struggled with his English during that time. There is one lyric that i can't seem to nail- what is the last line of 'Your Bedtimestory is Scaring everyone'? The last line that he screams before 'The evil that men do'? I can't seem to understand it, and it's all scruffy handwriting in the lyrics book :guh:

I guess new studio episode coming soon? 8th, 9th ?

Yep, on the 9th.

@Dantess9226: I always thought that line in YBSISE was:

"You want to take a stand, or do you just want to please?
Your bedtime story is scaring everyone..."

He doesn't enunciate it in the record itself, but I remember staring at that one line in the booklet for the longest time. I think it fits well with the theme of the song, actually. If that's the line you're talking about, of course.

I watched a Soilwork video on Youtube of some festival, where Bjorn/Speed just slurs all of the lyrics and he just drunkenly yells every line of every song. You can tell he was pissed off his face- but he hardly chooses the easiest vocal style in the studio to perform on stage. His vocals are so huge on the albums, it's no wonder he struggles to replicate them! Anders, on the other hand, doesn't have insanely huge lungs when it comes to clean, proper singing... but i've seen a few bootlegs on Youtube where he sings the songs from Come Clarity perfectly. The backing tracks don't get in the way, and he sings them almost how they are sung on the album. I had that concert on my iPod for a while, until it got wiped. I'll have to search and find them again, 'cause everyone seems to be finding the videos highlighting Anders' worst performaces :(

Are you drunk whilst listening to these performances? :D

And he definitely sings the word 'Pine' in Coerced. I just presume he means Pain, as he struggled with his English during that time. There is one lyric that i can't seem to nail- what is the last line of 'Your Bedtimestory is Scaring everyone'? The last line that he screams before 'The evil that men do'? I can't seem to understand it, and it's all scruffy handwriting in the lyrics book :guh:

Pine is correct and makes as much sense as pain would :)

I still think he sings "Pain" in Coerced because when he goes back to sing the line "I'll take you on a ride, as part owner to my...[enter chorus]." And ThePhobiac is right with the lyrics for Your Bedtime Story.

^ Wait, you mean in the chorus? Naw, man. He definitely says "Pine... I'm selling my soul today. Pine... I need some sympathy". Yes, he says "pain" in that one line that you just mentioned but that's it.