In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

^ Wait, you mean in the chorus? Naw, man. He definitely says "Pine... I'm selling my soul today. Pine... I need some sympathy". Yes, he says "pain" in that one line that you just mentioned but that's it.

Yeah, I'm talking about the chorus. But the reason I believe he sings "Pain" is because when he sings the "I"ll take you on a ride" line again, he transitions it right into the chorus. That's what I meant. Also, I hear "Pain" more than I hear "Pine". But it's not a big deal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72WuLu3OOvU&feature=feedu[/ame]

Yeah, I'm talking about the chorus. But the reason I believe he sings "Pain" is because when he sings the "I"ll take you on a ride" line again, he transitions it right into the chorus. That's what I meant. Also, I hear "Pain" more than I hear "Pine". But it's not a big deal.

I have to agree with Jester here, it just doesn't make sense to be singing the transition into the chorus as "Pain", but have the rest as "Pine". And all of those words (whether it be Pain or Pine) are all pronounced the same. So i think that it is either Pain or Pine- not a combination of both :loco:

I can excuse Anders for his mispronunciations- after all he had difficulty speaking English back then, nevermind singing in it. And the lyrics were translated by someone else. But "I never thought i'd join the Udders" is almost unacceptable. Probably the only line in Reroute to Remain that breaks my immersion- ultimately leading to thoughts of cows.

Pain or Pine- you decide.

I'm confused, you guys are for real? All this time I thought that this "pine or pain" discussion was an inside joke. Seriously if you think it's Pine (no matter what you hear, but in the lyrics) and you're not trollin, there's something wrong with you.

Haha of course i THINK he's saying "Pain", it's natural, because "Pine" is a tree. And although "Ants" are mentioned in the lyrics- i doubt these ants need a tree to live upon! (Insert image of an ant here) :D

Jokes aside, xdrifterx, some of us were thinking Anders' meant pine in the context of 'pining' (begging on the knees kind of 'pining', not the act of cutting down a pine tree ;) ) which also fits the bill.

That live video someone posted of Deliver Us was an excellent example of Anders doing a good vocal performace on stage. It matches the studio version tightly, with variation in the second and third choruses (something Anders has done in the studio recently anyway). It has that roughness, those 'balls', that you'd expect when you go to see a band!

review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review review http://www.nocleansinging.com/2011/06/06/in-flames-sounds-of-a-playground-fading/

I am pretty much tired of those reviews,the point is that we have only 9 days to swedish release date and we doesnt have any new leak,im reading last 5-6 pages and we turned out of this topic for a moment,im like atom bomb now and only new leaked song can detonate myself,or it will be :hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

The Colony booklet has many errors in it, so I, too, used to think maybe Anders meant "Pain". But it says "Pine" both times in the chorus. It's quite unlikely they messed up twice, right? My current understanding is that, in this context "Pine" is a verb and synonymous of "to yearn for".

The Colony booklet has many errors in it, so I, too, used to think maybe Anders meant "Pain". But it says "Pine" both times in the chorus. It's quite unlikely they messed up twice, right? My current understanding is that, in this context "Pine" is a verb and synonymous of "to yearn for".

I know it says "Pine", but I think that's a mistranslation (hence why it would be there twice in the booklet). But I don't think he is pining to sell his soul (as is the subject of the chorus). He is pining to be born; be his own person. So, I think "Pine" can work. But like I said, I think he means "Pain" because it is painful for him to "sell his soul" and be just like everyone else.

As for the Resin lyric "I crawl to the hall of the giants", I think that is the lyric that he sings on the album. I know Clay-Man posted a live video of him singing "to the heart of the silence" but I think that it's possible that he had two lines written for that part, and went with the former for the album, and during that performance he forgot or something and sand the latter line. We'd have to hear every live performance of the song to know for sure.