In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Could you help me out with the lyrics of Ropes?
This is what I have figured out so far:

How much can we take before we...?
?...for a perfect scene
Everyone is waiting for a failure
Something I can't place[?] and justify
A void within my eyes
Everyone is waiting for something they cannot have

I told you drop your guard
I'm on my knees
You got to...?
And it will not take you far
If I had the answer would that make you stay?
This is the time and place...?...your moment of fate

This must be
If this would be your last words
Would it change a thing?
...?...

If you just let me
I'll find a way
To reach your mind
And for you to stay

And I will untie your only ropes
It's all for me but believe me I'm trying

What are you longing for?

If I had the answer
?... would make you stay
This is the time and place
You are waiting for something you cannot have

This must be
If this would be your last words
Would it change a thing?
...?...

If you just let me
I'll find a way
To reach your mind
And for you to stay

It's all for me

If you just let me
I'll find a way
To reach your mind
And for you to stay

It's all for me, believe me I'm trying

How much can we take before we (get a settle?)
(Thought we were sent?) for a perfect scene
Everyone is waiting for a failure
Something I can't place? (please?) and justify
A void within my eyes.
Everyone is waiting for something they cannot have.

I told you to drop your guard
I'm on my knees
You got a mind ... of a killer
And it will not take you far
If I had the answer would that make you stay?
This is the time and place, it is your moment of fate.

I think the rest is ok except for the parts I can't figure out. :p

Ropes:
how much take before we care to settle
thought we were set for a perfect scene
everyone is waiting
for a failure something i can't please and justify
the void will
everyone is waiting for something they cannot have

why don't your drop your guard
i'm on my knees
you got the mindset of a killer and it will not take you far
if i have the answer will that make you stay
this is the time and place it is your moment of fate

if this would be your last breath
Would it change a thing?
If you just let me, i'll find a way
to ease your mind and for you to stay
and i'll untie you from the ropes
its hard for me but believe me, i'm trying.

(Solo)

what are you longing for?
what are you longing for?
what are longing for?
if i had the answer
would that make you stay, this is the time and place
you are waiting for something you cannot have

if this would be your last breath, would it change a thing?
to the person, to the fire?

if you just let me, i'll find a way
and i would untie you from the ropes
its hard for me, believe me, i'm trying.

if you just let me, i'll find a way
and i would untie you from the ropes
its hard for me, believe me, i'm trying.

And what the hell are people talking about- Anders has gone downhill? I can't fuckin' stand his early vocals. Colony is alright, but i really dislike Whoracle's vocals. P'raps i'm not enough of a death metal fan. :)

Different styles for different people I guess bro. I consider Colony's vocals to be the best Anders has ever produced, and Whoracle was good too. TJR i'm less impressed with but they're still good.

time for everybody's favorite song! ;D here's my impression
Liberation:
i know what it takes to break
you know i never sleep
just because you made them think
doesn't mean the world will fall into place

took some time but know you know
tomorrow is too late
close your eyes walk with me i'll set you free
and everything you ask for

i found a way
and i return, (you should?)
i have to see those who do not know
rest in peace, i'm coming for you
and will be, i will be with you
tonight

if today was your last day
would that change a thing?
you probably believe what you told them
live each moment like your last
well close your eyes walk with me i'll set you free and everything you ask for

i found a way
and i'll return to shore?*
rest in peace
im coming for you
i will be
i will be with you, tonight

(solo)

i found a way
and i'll return to shore?*
rest in peace
im coming for you
i will be
i will be with you, tonight
(repeats chorus)

Yeah- me being a fan of alot of rock and the less extreme side of metal, songs like Liberation will probably appeal to me more immediately than, say, someone who just listens to death metal, black metal and melo-death :D

I'm not saying i don't like the extreme side of metal- i just take mine in moderation. Tasteful moderation :D

The chorus to Ropes is so...lame and childish sounding, and yet I absolutely love the vibe and find it catchy as hell. I can't decide how I feel about this album yet. It's very dynamic, although I wish there were more twin guitar leads around to lessen the blow of change. Hm....

Still struggling with All For Me... I'm going to break it down so people can hopefully try and convince me to change my ways and let me see what Anders plan for this one was :D

00:00 - 00:22 - nice little clean guitar intro, I like it.

00:22 - 0:44 - stop-start drumming and riffs which goes on for too long.

00:44 - 1:05 - fucking shitty riff which reminds me of STYE, repeated for what seems like forever.

1:06 - 1:39 - stop start riffing, vocals start but are over the song rather than a part of it. Verse is this same riff repeating over and over underneath vocals which have no real rhythm.

1:39 - 2:01 - a completely boring chorus that really couldn't be any less memorable. Again, sounds like STYE mixed with ASOP, urgh.

2:02 - 2:12 - back to the shitty STYE riff from earlier, doesn't last as long this time thankfully.

2:12 - 2:34 - see 1:06 - 1:39

2:34 - 2:58 - see 1:39 - 2:01

2:58 - 3:07 - nice break into some clean guitar sounds.

3:07 - 3:20 - nice electric guitar melody beneath clean Anders vocals, reminds me of ASOP though which ain't a good thing.

3:20 - 3:30 - nice little guitar solo from Bjorn.

3:30 - 3:52 - nice guitar sound underneath some more vocals from Anders with no real rhythm.

3:52 - 4:04 - Back to STYE shitty riff.

4:04 - 4:28 - ends with the uninspiring, slow, plodding chorus.

So yeah... theres about 30 - 40 seconds at most which I'd class as good, that STYE Bottled-esque riff is awful though and goes on for WAY too long at the beginning. This track, to me, is an ASOP/STYE mix and as I hate both albums I guess I can't see me liking it any time soon :D if somebody wants to try and change my mind feel free.....

I disagree that Anders is lacking (a plan!) a 'concept' to work with since TJR-Colony era, and that is why the songs have seemed uninspired sometimes (at least vocally/lyrically), i think that he simply didn't want to write sci-fi/fantasy/folk type themes anymore. He wanted to focus on more personal matters, moving things forward so that In Flames didn't get bogged down to the point where everyone would expect each In Flames album to come with Jester Statues, apocalyptic landscapes and aliens on the front cover.

I read somewhere an interview with the Amon Amarth vocalist (forgot his name- Jonah Hegg was it? Or is that somebody totally different?) where he said that during the writing of Surtur Rising, he was contemplating a change of lyrics style- he wanted to sing things more personal to him, instead of always singing about Gods, serpents and mythology all the time. He said that being in Amon Amarth simply 'coerced' him into writing the "what people have come to expect from AA" style lyrics. Am i right in thinking Surtur Rising is playing it safe?

Im not as floored as everyone else.
Its a good album, I love the tracks Sounds of a Playground Fading and Deliver Us. The rest is still somewhat of a blur, im sure it will grow.
Im an old fan, been listening since the 90s so TJR, Colony and Whoracle are of course the fav's, but Im one of those who thinks A Sense Of Purpose is really really good, Im not so sure if this will get better than that.
ASOP sure has a stronger ending with the tracks like Drenched in Fear, March To The Shore and especially the extra tracks Eraser, Tilt and Abnegation which I think is pretty fucking awesome.

Are there any japan-extras planned for this album?

reroute to remain > sounds of a playground fading > come clarity > a sense of purpose

^ out of the modern albums obviously

(although the production on 'sounds of a playground fading' is easily the best/fullest)

Im not as floored as everyone else.
Its a good album, I love the tracks Sounds of a Playground Fading and Deliver Us. The rest is still somewhat of a blur, im sure it will grow.
Im an old fan, been listening since the 90s so TJR, Colony and Whoracle are of course the fav's, but Im one of those who thinks A Sense Of Purpose is really really good, Im not so sure if this will get better than that.
ASOP sure has a stronger ending with the tracks like Drenched in Fear, March To The Shore and especially the extra tracks Eraser, Tilt and Abnegation which I think is pretty fucking awesome.

Are there any japan-extras planned for this album?
Nope, 13 songs, that's it.

reroute to remain > sounds of a playground fading > come clarity > a sense of purpose

^ out of the modern albums obviously

I'd basically go with that, except it's too early for me to place SOAPF above CC. In time that may change.

Also, I'm not sure why some people seemed surprised by Liberation? :D Come Clarity (the song) and TCP were far less 'metal' songs than Liberation. Come Clarity is the definition of radio-rock and in a very similar vein to Liberation, whilst TCP was just fucking weird.

Still struggling with All For Me... I'm going to break it down so people can hopefully try and convince me to change my ways and let me see what Anders plan for this one was :D

So yeah... theres about 30 - 40 seconds at most which I'd class as good, that STYE Bottled-esque riff is awful though and goes on for WAY too long at the beginning. This track, to me, is an ASOP/STYE mix and as I hate both albums I guess I can't see me liking it any time soon :D if somebody wants to try and change my mind feel free.....

That sums my thoughts exactly. Great clean intro, then STYE-ASOP generic shit. The guitars are more prominent in this one, but there is not one inspiring riff or lead in whole song (intro excluded). Actually AFM sounds like they tried to adjust ASOP song to new album.

I disagree that Anders is lacking (a plan!) a 'concept' to work with since TJR-Colony era, and that is why the songs have seemed uninspired sometimes (at least vocally/lyrically), i think that he simply didn't want to write sci-fi/fantasy/folk type themes anymore. He wanted to focus on more personal matters, moving things forward so that In Flames didn't get bogged down to the point where everyone would expect each In Flames album to come with Jester Statues, apocalyptic landscapes and aliens on the front cover.

I read somewhere an interview with the Amon Amarth vocalist (forgot his name- Jonah Hegg was it? Or is that somebody totally different?) where he said that during the writing of Surtur Rising, he was contemplating a change of lyrics style- he wanted to sing things more personal to him, instead of always singing about Gods, serpents and mythology all the time. He said that being in Amon Amarth simply 'coerced' him into writing the "what people have come to expect from AA" style lyrics. Am i right in thinking Surtur Rising is playing it safe?

Well, writing personal themes is not a problem. Writing them in childish manner is. That's why not many people do it in a good way. If you do it in good way, you're a good poet (so to say), if you do it in wrong way, you're no different then Britney Spears, Cristina Aguilera... It's a thin line actually.

That sums my thoughts exactly. Great clean intro, then STYE-ASOP generic shit. The guitars are more prominent in this one, but there is not one inspiring riff or lead in whole song (intro excluded). Actually AFM sounds like they tried to adjust ASOP song to new album.

Well, writing personal themes is not a problem. Writing them in childish manner is. That's why not many people do it in a good way. If you do it in good way, you're a good poet (so to say), if you do it in wrong way, you're no different then Britney Spears, Cristina Aguilera... It's a thin line actually.

In fucking deed. If you want to see personal lyrics wrote in a good way, see Ordinary Story, Clayman, Satellites and Astronauts, Square Nothing, Minus... you want to see them written in a childish way see the majority of songs off STYE & ASOP.

Anyway, just how awesome The Puzzle is!? :)

Whole song somehow reminds me of RTR combined with Whoracle! Don't know why... It has that energetic feel all over it. Good stuff.

Anyway, just how awesome The Puzzle is!? :)

Whole song somehow reminds me of RTR combined with Whoracle! Don't know why... It has that energetic feel all over it. Good stuff.

I wasn't originally a big fan but it's growing on me... R2R came into my head too. Not Whoracle though, sorry :D