In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I must say, Darker Times is growing on me... especially the pre chorus where he goes I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAAAAAAAAN then the awesome chorus. its actually a pretty catchy song :rofl: and the solo's are pretty awesome.... also, those little drum fills towards the end of the sing are pretty cool. good for daniel.

Whoracle and R2R were growers for me to.

But The Puzzle has been amazing from the beginning. Probably because it is one of most "metal" songs on album, and it came after SOAPF and DU (which I heard) and boring AFM.

First riff is maybe too modern but it is brutal. Verses have that Whoracle like driving riff/rhythm, crazy vocal lines, nice details in the background. Chorus is great and some of the singing reminds me of R2R - it has that modern, energetic, bigger than life feel. Break is good, solo also good. Song ends with great feeling for melody and atmosphere.

What's not to like? :)

Yeah the puzzle is great. it doesn't get any more melodeath than the harmonized tremolo picking in the prechorus and chorus. brutal song. like that one interviewer said, the song is basically galloping to get to the end of the song, kinda of an adrenaline crawling thing when you're trying to survive from a near death experience, then the little bridge with the slow part that we heard in the webisode, . got mix of elements in this song.

and there aren't any power chords being played throughout the chorus.. its all a melodic riff, if you listen closely. maybe because its drowned under all of the synths, but you would hear it live, for sure.

I hear Moonshield in AFM, but only in intro. Well, there are obvious reasons for that.

In The Puzzle I was akin to FFTG and MIP moments.

And A New Dawn has a few Colony moments IMO.

Ropes have Swim-like intro.

Enter Tragedy has a few Colony-Clayman moments.

And then there is that harmonized lead in Where the dead ships dwell.

and there aren't any power chords being played throughout the chorus.. its all a melodic riff, if you listen closely.

It has powerchords, it has melodic riff, it has keys... but it's all average. Actually chorus riff is a version of intro stuff. How could Bjorn get such a boring riff from such sweet clean part is beyond me. :)

It sounds like Bottled.

Now that's just mean! ;)

All for me just has an epic feel and sound to it, with the keyboard choir. and dan does another excellent job on this song... also, i think ander's vox compliment this song as well.

Other than Bottled I can't really think of a song less epic to be honest :D seriously man, the riff between 0:44 - 1:08, that's not epic in the slightest! And that riff takes up nearly a minute of the song overall :D 2:58 - 3:52, maybe a little bit, but the vocals literally have no rhythm throughout the entire song. They clash with the instruments rather than compliment them imo, it's like Anders couldn't work out how to place them :confused:

i could see why you would think that the riff at 0:44, sounds like bottlled i hear it too. but i was talking about the intro with the choir synth... where it goes, dududududun duuuuuh dududududun duuuuuuuuuh lmao. sound like a bunch of mentally challenged folk in this thread, trying to explain songs. :rofl:

i could see why you would think that the riff at 0:44, sounds like bottlled i hear it too. but i was talking about the intro with the choir synth... where it goes, dududududun duuuuuh dududududun duuuuuuuuuh lmao. sound like a bunch of mentally challenged folk in this thread, trying to explain songs. :rofl:

The intro is the best part of the song. Up until 22 seconds it's promising, then it takes a fucking nosedive :D the stuff between 22 to 44 secs isn't awful but should have been cut in half, and that Bottled riff can fuck right off :D

The intro is the best part of the song. Up until 22 seconds it's promising, then it takes a fucking nosedive :D the stuff between 22 to 44 secs isn't awful but should have been cut in half, and that Bottled riff can fuck right off :D

lmao. yes, i agree, maybe that riff shouldve been cut in half. but one thing is for sure, the production on this album is fantastic. sounds awesome on my 5.1 surround sound speakers and in the car ;D

@DE4life = Bottled no.1 fan!

Oh, A New Dawn, riff that kicks in at 0.20... it reminds me of Colony (song) first riff. And that is a good thing.