In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say: I like "Scream". A lot. Possibly my favorite track off Come Clarity. :mad:

Woah there sunshine! I'd take that comment down before the real hate rains down on you! These guys'll nail you up, man, crucify you where you stand!

:devil:

I don't mind Scream, but it doesn't hold a candle to Crawl Through Knives, Vanishing Light, Reflect the Storm, the title track... there are just so many great tracks from CC that they DO over power any weaker track on the album. I do think Scream stands out as the worst track on the record, it's just that Bedtime scares everyone is a purpose built closing track.

Just listened to Jester Script Transfigured, and i must say how awesome would it be if they performed the acoustic sections on stage?

Like this:

:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else think that Darker Times sounds a bit like industrial metal? It reminds me of Rammstein with the chugging riffs.

First off, welcome to the shenanigan-filled IF forum. Second, I don't really get that vibe, but I can't really comment on industrial metal since I don't listen to any. At least, not that I'm aware of...

Eh, I'd say maybe only the distortion used on the guitars is similar. The style and structure of the riffs and such are very different. But yeah, the sound of the guitars might sound very similar.

Maybe not necessarily Rammstein, but Darker Times do have a few industrial moments.

The probably with screaming "I have a better plan!" during recording, is people in the studio thinks its the lyrics and not that he is actually asking the recording to stop so he can re-write what is supposed to go there. Oh well.

Going back to the "Scream" "Bottled" topic, I like "Scream" quite a lot, it makes me want to punch somebody (besides scream :p) but not as much as the rest of the tracks from CC. Crawl Through Knives is just epic, the chorus is amazing.

As for "Bottled", at times I enjoy it, at times I skip it, but I don't hate it, and it does not have to do with "All For Me" except the intro riff. But I love the chorus as well. But like I said with "Scream", not as much as "My Sweet Shadow" or any other track.

Conclusion, a song may be the worst track of the album, but it doesn't mean it's shit, we like it individually, but not as much when compared.

As for the dude that said no to my comment earlier ("If ASOP had some electric stuff and were produced differently... Blablabla") I meant it as a good thing, as a response to people that say IF have changed to worse. Which I doubt because SOAPF is filled with complete epicness. And if ASOP had been (like I said earlier which I'm not gonna repeat), people wouldn't be trolling on it as much.

I repeat it's not to people who like ASOP, but people who are close minded and have no sense of "doing the work (in this case, music) for the sake of the work itself (music).

IF have proven to be real musicians, they've created along with other bands the majestic genre of "melodic death metal" and from that even so, they have evolved, into yet ANOTHER genre of metal. Don't know which but it has IF written all over it.

Now, I'm gonna take a dump. My ass is burning. :hotjump:

IFWT

Going back to the "Scream" "Bottled" topic, I like "Scream" quite a lot, it makes me want to punch somebody (besides scream :p) but not as much as the rest of the tracks from CC. Crawl Through Knives is just epic, the chorus is amazing.

As for "Bottled", at times I enjoy it, at times I skip it, but I don't hate it, and it does not have to do with "All For Me" except the intro riff. But I love the chorus as well. But like I said with "Scream", not as much as "My Sweet Shadow" or any other track.

Conclusion, a song may be the worst track of the album, but it doesn't mean it's shit, we like it individually, but not as much when compared.

As for the dude that said no to my comment earlier ("If ASOP had some electric stuff and were produced differently... Blablabla") I meant it as a good thing, as a response to people that say IF have changed to worse. Which I doubt because SOAPF is filled with complete epicness. And if ASOP had been (like I said earlier which I'm not gonna repeat), people wouldn't be trolling on it as much.

I repeat it's not to people who like ASOP, but people who are close minded and have no sense of "doing the work (in this case, music) for the sake of the work itself (music).

IF have proven to be real musicians, they've created along with other bands the majestic genre of "melodic death metal" and from that even so, they have evolved, into yet ANOTHER genre of metal. Don't know which but it has IF written all over it.

Now, I'm gonna take a dump. My ass is burning. :hotjump:

IFWT

I totally agree regarding "Scream." It's definitely not my favorite In Flames song, but its far from a bad song. The only thing it gets shit for really is the stupid chorus because it sounds like "ice cream". Other than that, it's got some good riffs and energy.

Hey Krofius, since you live in Sweden (right?) and are a huge IF fan (right??), can you type up and post the lyrics from the booklet for the album when you buy it?