In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Also Come Clarity... Quite simple, but solo kicks ass. I love to play that shit.

Oh, and Jotun! Some stuff is a bit confusing at first, but you'll get into it really fast.

@gizmo

Artifacs was my first IF songs also, and I still love to play it.

Watching new live videos Anders live performance seems weaker. Maybe becouse he cut hes dreadlocks :D

You think? He sounds quite rough on some of the transitions from clean to screamed... but watching those Only For The Weak videos, I heard GROWLS man, AND they were more predominant than Anders' usual high pitched style of screaming... it really made me quite excited cause they sounded quite Jester-Racey at points. :D

Maybe I have a bad humour, but I fucking died of laughter from this:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is ridiculous, Krofius. When was it made, because they butchered the lyrics. On a related side-note, it's always fun to read what people think are the lyrics to an IF song before the album is released with the booklet.

Wow, this is depressive... I've just found a Linkin fucking Park song that is better than most stuff In Flames done since 2000. :confused:

Wow, this is depressive... I've just found a Linkin fucking Park song that is better than most stuff In Flames done since 2000. :confused:

And you called me gay in the other thread :D

Seriously, which song? :D

Hey man, you wrote: "I'm gay." :D

Well, this requires a bit explaining. Song is called New Divide. A perfect mainstream hit. While listening to it, it reminded me a bit of SOAPF (album) - this could be one of outcomes of IF "evolution". Weird. If only Anders knew how to sing. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0&feature=relmfu[/ame]

In 9.9/10 situations I hate Linkin Park, but this one has something. If I took guitar and used this melodies and epic feeling the result would be good melodeath song. I can't really explain it - let's just say this song has a lot of potential for good, epic metal song. Something like Scar Symmetry minus complexity.

Hell, now I ruined my "Old school metalhead" reputation! :D

I'll admit I like Linkin Park. Well, I like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Their last two albums are complete shit, minus New Divide, if that's on there. It might just be the second Transformers song. I've actually only heard their radio songs from the last two albums, and am very disappointed because they aren't remotely heavy at all. They aren't alternative metal or whatever you classified them as before. They need to change their name and re-brand themselves if they want to play a completely different genre of music. And don't anyone pull the "In Flames is playing different music" card, because you can still tell it's In Flames. The only thing telling me it's still Linkin Park is the vocals.

I don't mind Linkin Park. That song is OK, but they've done better.

What I've Done and No More Sorrow are two very good tracks off one of their more recent albums. A lot of their old stuff is good as well, no shame in admitting that :D they're ok.

They need to change their name and re-brand themselves if they want to play a completely different genre of music. And don't anyone pull the "In Flames is playing different music" card, because you can still tell it's In Flames. The only thing telling me it's still Linkin Park is the vocals.

Sorry, but take Anders away from STYE and you have a generic metal album with no indication it's In Flames. That's a fact. If ASOP came out without vocals people would assume it was something gay like Kitty or Trivium :D

DE4life is right. There are traces of In Flames in some of the newer albums but that's it. If you showed someone in 1999, songs like bottled or sleepless again, and asked him if that's IF, he would say NO.

I guess hardcore LP fans (does that exist?) find traces of their first two albums in new stuff.

And here we are, back in old vs new conflict. :D

They are still gay! :D

It wouldn't kill them to actually find their own identity once.

Thanks for proving my point :D

But no, seriously, take away the vocals at this point in time and the In Flames sound is dead.

I'm gonna shoot straight here - right now, Anders is the In Flames sound. That's how important he is. Thinking about it, maybe that's why such huge attention is focused on him. It's probably why he gets scrutinized so much, and his vocals and lyrics so carefully analysed. It is his vocals that now make the "In Flames sound". It certainly isn't the guitars.

Jesper left - he's replaced, the In Flames sound, so to speak, still exists on SOAPF.

Take away Anders, that sound is gone imo. If Anders ever left the band, In Flames would be more or less dead. It wouldn't be In Flames anymore.

It sounds like I'm digitally sucking Anders dick here and that's not the case :D i'm more critical of him than a lot of people, but only because for his older work I have a huge amount of respect, and I guess a big part of me knows if Anders changes too much or leaves entirely the In Flames sound, for me, would be finished.

Show somebody In Flames without vocals from 1996 to 2000 and they'd probably be able to identify the band, or at least get close to it with a few guesses. Post-2000 that would be much harder to do.

Give somebody Colony/Clayman/R2R [instrumental album] and STYE/ASOP [instrumental album] and they would never guess it was the same band. However, as soon as you add in the vocals they'd go "oh yeah, it's In Flames".

So yeah, much like LP are defined nowadays by their vocals, so are In Flames. It's incorrect and even hypocritical to suggest otherwise.

That may be so, BUT, in hypothetical situation of Anders' departure...band might try to do back-to-the-roots album with "proper" singer. That would still be In Flames, no?

Best case scenario: IF continue with their stuff as it is now. Jesper starts doing stuff like TJR or Whoracle again. Everyone happy. Two good bands instead of one. :D

Hell, I'm an optimist.

That may be so, BUT, in hypothetical situation of Anders' departure...band might try to do back-to-the-roots album with "proper" singer. That would still be In Flames, no?

Nope, it would be TJR with a different vocalist :D

What's up with you and Kamelot? :D

Kamelot+roy+khan.jpg

He would fit right in... :D

Unlike some guy named Tomas L...