In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Kamelot are a good band :D well, were, up until about 2005... they've sucked ever since.

Ohh, I'm seeing At The Gates in August. Maybe I'll suggest to Lindberg he should speak to Jesper about teaming up to do a Jester Race remake :D

Kamelot are a good band :D well, were, up until about 2005... they've sucked ever since.

Ohh, I'm seeing At The Gates in August. Maybe I'll suggest to Lindberg he should speak to Jesper about teaming up to do a Jester Race remake :D

No man... You shouldn't bother with that. Just bring some mean gun, kidnap Tomas, take him to some studio, force police to deliver you Jesper and Glen, barricade yourself in studio for a month or so and force them to record a proper album! Then, you can go to jail happy, knowing you did the right thing. (btw perfect place to check out are you gay or okay). :D

No man... You shouldn't bother with that. Just bring some mean gun, kidnap Tomas, take him to some studio, force police to deliver you Jesper and Glen, barricade yourself in studio for a month or so and force them to record a proper album! Then, you can go to jail happy, knowing you did the right thing. (btw perfect place to check out are you gay or okay). :D

I think I'll just keep listening to Linkin Park thanks :D

I agree that if you played old IF for someone and then new IF for someone, if they've never heard IF they would not guess they are the same band. I just think that because of the progression from album to album, Anders vocals or not, you can guess it's IF, in my opinion at least. It's like they are slightly changing their own genre with each album. But look at Meteora and then their next album, Minutes to Midnight. Completely different, no? It's like they just changed genres completely with one album. Also, Anders' vocals change every album too, so people not too familiar with IF or him might have a tough time knowing it's still them. That might seem like it goes against my argument, but I'm just trying to say IF are at least still in some form of metal, and Linkin Park are completely out of their original genre.

I agree that if you played old IF for someone and then new IF for someone, if they've never heard IF they would not guess they are the same band. I just think that because of the progression from album to album, Anders vocals or not, you can guess it's IF, in my opinion at least. It's like they are slightly changing their own genre with each album. But look at Meteora and then their next album, Minutes to Midnight. Completely different, no? It's like they just changed genres completely with one album. Also, Anders' vocals change every album too, so people not too familiar with IF or him might have a tough time knowing it's still them. That might seem like it goes against my argument, but I'm just trying to say IF are at least still in some form of metal, and Linkin Park are completely out of their original genre.

I think LP still sound like LP to be honest. Minutes to Midnight was a bit more mellow but they just sounded more mature. I thought the album was OK. I don't know if they've released anything after that because they really don't interest me that much :D

Respect. To me they sound completely different. Nothing heavy at all. And I believe they have released another album but I have no idea what it's called because I think there is no text whatsoever on the cover. But either way, at least they created Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

Us three could start a LP fan club. :D

Jester313 will be The Head Jester.

That's what I'm hoping. :devil:

Fuck fanclubs, let's go to beer! And join the fun on my brand new melodeath supergroup thread (now it feels like a chat room for DE and me, and he has a suspicious avatar...) :D

Can i be in this girly little fan-club too? :D i actually like Linkin Park aswell.

I think LP still sound like LP to be honest. Minutes to Midnight was a bit more mellow but they just sounded more mature. I thought the album was OK. I don't know if they've released anything after that because they really don't interest me that much :D

They released the album A Thousand Suns. It's a concept album, lyrically the best thing LP have ever released. Most guitars have been removed though, it's very electronic and Chester barely provides any vocals. The guitarist (forgot his name) does all the rapping and alot of singing; brining elements of R&B, not just rap. Listening to the album in-depth, it's probably the best thing they've ever written- much more mature than the nu-metal that made them famous and the rock radio-ballad collection that is Minutes to Midnight.

I have no problem with people who like both In Flames and LP... because IF are a metal band and LP are a rock band. You can judge them seperately. And please don't say "I'm tarnishing my metalhead reputation", you sound even more part of a 'scene' than emos and scene-kids!

That actually sounds kind of interesting, I might have a listen.

A friend of mine listened to it and said "It just sounds like a load of noise, nothing to it". I told him that it is meant to be a story (Jesus, these Madina Lake cock-sucking mainstream-listeners don't even know what a concept album is!), you listen to it as a whole, not just as singles.

Upon further listen, it's the most deep stuff they have written. There are little instrumental tracks that lead you long. It's like experimental art-rock but with that Linkin Park feel. Highly recommended!

I will say this, LP's latest album was their best, because it managed to have 1 song that was actually decent. Anything before that was just so fucking dull and boring I couldn't care.