In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Well I don't think anyone can have any complaints about the shape Anders' voice is in at the moment anyways... He started off introducing a few more low growls than he'd used since the pre-Reroute era earlier in the year and by now it seems to be his main vocal style. His cleans are sounding strong and edgy, and he's got his usual great stage presence.

I can't wait to hear some of this album live in person... it's going to be goosebump central. Plus Swim live... Fun! (this is assuming we don't get an incredibly shite setlist in Glasgow where I hear all the tracks I've heard at every IF show I've seen, Cloud Connected, The Quiet Place, Alias, Delight and Angers, and none of the stuff that we actually wait for... I hate the fact they're headlining everywhere else but the UK. In fact, I hate that they're not just coming round on their own but feel the need to be part of these shitty organised tours.)

Anders bringing dem fucking low growls.
Especially like the way he goes from a low growl to a scream around 2:43~

Last edited by a moderator:
During OFTW they let some guy on the stage to film and shit, and he also did one chorus while Anders took over the filming
And the crowd seems pretty awesome as well.

Wow, Anders can growl! So why does he usually sing like a pussy?

He sounds like a Whoracle/Colony beast again.

That is quite a good OFTW performance, actually! Normally he makes the verses sound really gay by sounding like a whining bitch... he sounds okay in this vid! Still my fav n'flamez song, even if the synth has always been turned up too high on the live performances :D

Massive. Great sound as well. The crowd down there seems to be really good as well.

I can't wait to see them again next year sometime. Anders' growls have just been getting more awesome as of late. As for All For Me, I think that's one of my favorite songs from the album, mainly because of how nasty Daniel's drumming is.

Good footage of Take This Life, also Anders throws a dude out :D

Bad sound yes, but cool footage :)

I just checked IF's setlist FM, and I saw that 2 days ago they had an 18song set (their normal length is 16songs) and those 2 extra songs they threw in was Colony & Insipid 2000. Here's good quality videos of Insipid 2000, Colony & The Hive performed and Anders definitely brings it vocally, especially on Colony.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWeL7cwXXNg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-lIlCeRtk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

You know In Flames is progressing when one of their recent setlists has more Colony songs than STYE.

They only ever play TQP and MSS off STYE anyway. I think they worked out a while ago that album fucking sucks :D hopefully ASOP will go the same way.

I may go to the London show, I will see closer to the time. It depends wholly on their setlist.

If Delight and Angers is on it, I'm out :D same goes for TCP or Bottled :zzz:

I may go to the London show, I will see closer to the time. It depends wholly on their setlist.

If Delight and Angers is on it, I'm out :D same goes for TCP or Bottled :zzz:
Yeah right. You'd still fucking go. Bottled, definitely won't be in the setlist. Probably not TCP either. DnA is a good chance.

Yeah right. You'd still fucking go. Bottled, definitely won't be in the setlist. Probably not TCP either. DnA is a good chance.

In all seriousness, if Bottled or TCP was in the set I probably wouldn't go in protest :D anything else not so bothered... but i'm still undecided. It will be dependent on setlist, especially since all the support bands are fucking gay.

2004 Sticky Fingers was their last great concert. Its so epic that I played the dvd in my local best buy before getting kicked out. Totally worth it. The band simply became "one" with the store. Im still facepalming about Heavy mtl gig, aboslutely terrible.

Aside from that the perfect setlist is:
Chosen Pessimists
Disconnected
Scream
Bottled
Liberation
Bottled
Delight and Angers
Tears Don't Fall (Special guest Anders Friden)

Also featuring the hottest mallcore band called Another Derp Day To Forever Bleeding

Wow, Anders can growl! So why does he usually sing like a pussy?

He sounds like a Whoracle/Colony beast again.

This. I really don't like his clean vocals, with some exceptions such as Superhero of the computer age in that 2004 live album.

Wish they had a making of Colony dvd lol, I would love to see studio recording footage that 1999 masterpiece.

Beginning to feel like a bit of a broken record saying this... but Anders' growls continue to blow my mind. It's like he's been hiding in there since 2000 and has finally decided to emerge. They need to play some Jester Race material on this tour, with growls like that it would possibly sound even better than it did on record!