In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

For anyone hoping/believing it might sound Oldschool or whatever, do not get your ''hopes'' up. This album just like all previous ones will be different but obviously still with the same formula that is: Melody and Aggression. ASOP was VERY melodic and I loved it. Regular In Flames haters will obviously not like this new stuff, those of you who enjoy the ''newer'' IF albums will probably like it to an extent, or maybe love it? You never know what to expect, all I know is that it will as always be easy to determine it's IF, they will always have their own style. I'm just happy they have written music which such HUGE variety and keep writing original music (even though elitist retards claim something else, cause they don't know shit). Also I don't get the hate on ASOP either..I think the production is brilliant, the album just needs many many listens to hear all layers and details. About the amps, I don't think they are going for Marshall, if I recall right on a FaceBook picture they posted it's 5150 again. But I can still see this album having a production SOMEWHAT close to ASOP, or well, closer to ASOP than all other albums they've done due to the same producer, studio & mostly gear (I think?). I'm so excited already for the new album. Hope some cool news drop soon.

For the haters: Haters gonna hate, fuck you.

I'm glad someone finally says something like this towards all of the haters.

Why can DT sound like their "old"style, yet IF can't.

Not a matter of not being able to sound that way but choosing not to. Why? Because what band in their right mind wants to make TEN albums that sound the same? Certainly not a band that truly enjoys being a musician.

DT doesn't sound anything like their old material. Their old material was rawer, their new material is progressive influenced.

As for In Flames, I don't think it sounds childish at all, and the only thing that makes you confused into thinking such is because it has the word "playground" in it.
To the people dreaming about this coming close to clayman or something, I'm sorry, but you really need to give up. They will never do it, and album after album, you should have figured that out by now.

As for quality of In Flames newer albums, I can enjoy their new stuff, but their older material feels much more energetic and heavy. My last really enjoyable album was Reroute To Remain, and I don't understand why that album gets so much heat. They need to play more songs from that album.
It has amazing melodies, the rhythm is just a little different sounding, and the production sounds way different.

Why can DT sound like their "old"style, yet IF can't.

Which DT are you talking about, Dream Theater? Get your facts straight please. DT's old material is very different from their newer. Vocals though, are still similar. But nowadays keyboard/synth/electro things have huge part in their music (and I don't complain) and their old stuff didn't. And it's not about being ABLE to sound like your old style, it's about not wanting to repeat yourself. I can tell you how it is with IF and there is nothing more to it.

IF simply just do not want to write the same music again. Remember that now they are in their mid 30's with kids and wives, when The Jester Race and Whoracle came out they were in their early 20's and most likely singles. When you are that young, you are often very energetic etc. And keep in mind they progressed a lot between the older albums as well. But they don't want to do those albums again. And as I said earlier, it's not only about the old albums, they will not do another ASOP or CC either. They want each new album, to be a NEW and DIFFERENT album. All this talk about sellout and shit, is just plain retarded and just ignorant. You are not sellout for wanting to experiment with your music, I'd say the opposite, if anything.

IF writes music for themselves, not for us. I think all musicians should take that approach when writing music because that is when the music comes out natural and original, from the heart. When all these people scream like ''MAKE ANOTHER WHORACLE'' etc, I just literally LAUGH. First, In Flames don't even listen to people telling them what to do with their music, and secondly, you do realise that it's like telling In Flames to relive a part of their life? It would not only be retarded, it would create sub-par music.
Why write another Whoracle? It has already been done. Why write another The Jester Race? It has already been one. In Flames don't owe anyone anything, and you are not in the band, so your opinion doesn't mean shit, you just unfortunately got one. I'd say you people should get over yourself and move on with your life. I mean, we're talking people hating on In Flames 11 years after Clayman came out, that is beyond pathetic. People having different opinions about music? I can definitely understand that. But there is no need to bash and flame anything, and there is no excuse as to why you would even do that either. What a boring life it must be, do you guys always go to all forums/comment sections or whatever of all the kinds of music you don't like and share your opinion that you think it sucks? HUGE NEWSFLASH: No one really gives a fuck about your opinion. You are not going to convince some one that already likes In Flames newer material into suddenly hating it or anything, so I don't see how you haters deem it worthy to post. If you don't like something, YOU DON'T LISTEN TO IT. You don't spend hours, months, and even years telling people how you think the music suck, I mean wtf, something has to be severely wrong in order to do shit like that. Sure, I can sometimes for fun go and troll some forum or some My Chemical Romance video, but I'm not being serious. I hate their music yes, but do I anything? No, I just don't listen to their music, it's that simple.

I'm happy that IF after 20 years is still going strong releasing a lot of great albums with huge variety. And they've done a lot for the metal scene, introduced a lot of new people to metal, and that's great imo. One step further in getting metal more accepted in society as a normal form of music. And IF is so extremely far away from sellout it's not even funny. Bands that are sellout IMO if anything, is bands like Slayer, that just continue with their sound and don't experiment at ALL, just taking the safe way and riding their sound all the way to the bank. But of course, they could just want to write the same music for 30years, nothing wrong with that of course. But I'd say it's a lot closer to being a sellout doing that, than changing your sound every album and not being afraid to try new things in order to not stagnate and eventually disband.

TL;DR: Fuck you elitists and your misguided notions of music. Don't like the music? DON'T LISTEN TO IT. No one gives a fucking shit about your opinions so shut the fuck up instead. In Flames do not create music for elitist groups, they create music for anyone, anywhere. Their music (Old & New) is undeniably original as there is no bands that sound anywhere close to IF. You may not like it, but is it really that hard to just not listen to it then? I for one know that IF is laughing there asses of at all the haters and elitists (which is a synonym to retard actually), a funny example is them wearing T-shirts saying SELLOUT during their tour in 2003-2004. They and I don't care about your opinion at ALL. Fuck you :)

I could write so much more shit, but I can't be arsed, and I don't even know what I just wrote anyway. I know a lot about IF and most likely more than anyone here and all of you haters don't know shit about IF, you just flood all forums with your shitty opinions and it's getting really annoying, and you have 0 arguments in your favor as well. I never knew it could be so hard to just listen to the music you prefer and ignore the music you don't like.

HUGE NEWSFLASH: No one really gives a fuck about your opinion.

And why would anyone give a fuck about yours?

Forums are meant for exchanging opinions. People give their honest opinions and you call them elitists and faggots. Chill out dude. I mostly agree with you, but certain aspects of your attitude are pretty childlish. No offense meant, just an observation.

Ofcourse they are always making different albums. Even if they wanted to make something in the spirit of TJR now, they probably couldnt do it. Its impossible to nail the exact same vibe twice. Thats why you dont have a band with two same albums, especially if the band is constantly touring and playing live. You might have a hell of a song, but if you play it 20 times a month every night, you are gonna get tired of it. Which is exact reason why most bands want to try something different every time.

Melodeath is my favourite genre of music, and IF are probably my second fav band. I like them more than Dark Tranquillity, but if you try to be at least somewhat objective, you will come to conclusion that IF's albums are quite degrading in quality, especially after Clayman. They are not bad, just simply not as good as some other ones. Whereas Dark Tranquillity pretty much top themselves with every new album, without changing their sound drasticaly like IF. I dont want to be an elitist prick, but I also dont want to blindly swallow whatever someone throws at me.

And why would anyone give a fuck about yours?

Forums are meant for exchanging opinions. People give their honest opinions and you call them elitists and faggots. Chill out dude. I mostly agree with you, but certain aspects of your attitude are pretty childlish. No offense meant, just an observation.

Ofcourse they are always making different albums. Even if they wanted to make something in the spirit of TJR now, they probably couldnt do it. Its impossible to nail the exact same vibe twice. Thats why you dont have a band with two same albums, especially if the band is constantly touring and playing live. You might have a hell of a song, but if you play it 20 times a month every night, you are gonna get tired of it. Which is exact reason why most bands want to try something different every time.

Melodeath is my favourite genre of music, and IF are probably my second fav band. I like them more than Dark Tranquillity, but if you try to be at least somewhat objective, you will come to conclusion that IF's albums are quite degrading in quality, especially after Clayman. They are not bad, just simply not as good as some other ones. Whereas Dark Tranquillity pretty much top themselves with every new album, without changing their sound drasticaly like IF. I dont want to be an elitist prick, but I also dont want to blindly swallow whatever someone throws at me.
It's not about changing opinions, I'm talking about elitists and haters. I don't mind someone who prefers IF's older stuff at all, people have different opinions, but when it crosses the line is when it comes to haters and elitists.
And you seem to have tendencies to be one, or you are just deluded.
This is what I'm talking about, a perfect example that shows just how retarded someone can be.

''but if you try to be at least somewhat objective, you will come to conclusion that IF's albums are quite degrading in quality, especially after Clayman''

Won't even fucking bother replying, read that sentence until you understands what is so extremely retarded about it.

And another thing: A fast comparison..The Gallery..We are the void..no drastic change in sound?..yup, that's a very intelligent observation.
The Minds I > Projector, no drastic change? Also very intelligent observation.

Take the huge rod out of your ass and come back to reality please.

What the fuck is wrong with you, cant you read? I said "with every new album, without changing their sound drasticaly". And yet you compare their second album and the latest album. Well, ofcourse that it seems like a big jump, but if you break that to step-by-step evolution from album to album, you will see that I am right. Compare Haven to WATV and you will see what I mean.

It doesnt even matter, I tried talking to you nicely, but obviously you only resolve to insults like a 12 year old. Any further discussion would be pointless.

What the fuck is wrong with you, cant you read? I said "with every new album, without changing their sound drasticaly". And yet you compare their second album and the latest album. Well, ofcourse that it seems like a big jump, but if you break that to step-by-step evolution from album to album, you will see that I am right. Compare Haven to WATV and you will see what I mean.

It doesnt even matter, I tried talking to you nicely, but obviously you only resolve to insults like a 12 year old. Any further discussion would be pointless.
I did compare The Minds I with The Projector as well. Those two albums have a HUGE difference in sound. And it's the same with In Flames, if you listen album by album in order, from Lunar Strain to ASOP, the difference is not that huge per album. Lyrics has changed a lot, but Skydancer lyrics compared to WATV lyrics has also changed a lot.

And of course I get angry when you come up with retarded things such as In Flames albums degrading in quality, as it would be a fact or something. You can't define music as good or bad as people have different opinions, and therefor you can't determine anything being good or bad when it comes to taste. If you don't understand that then I agree, it's useless to discuss.

Anyways, the point of my whole shit is, that In Flames just creates the music that they want to, all this talk about sellout is just bullshit. You either like their music, or you don't, which transcribes to, you either listen to their music, OR YOU DON'T. Everything else doesn't matter. Comparing this, comparing that, screaming ''MAKE ANOTHER WHORACLE'' and other similar demands, it just never will matter as In Flames will not listen to one word of it as they simple DO NOT CARE what other people says. They have their own car, and they are driving it, not us people.

Dark Tranquility remains way closer to Melodic Death Metal, but In Flames is obviously not MDM anymore.
Anyone who says ASOP is Melodic Death Metal is in denial and just wants to use that label to make theirselves feel better.

But dt has in fact changed very much. Skydancer, The Gallery, and The Mind's I sound WAY different than anything above that.
Their new material is very atmospheric, their old material was raw and had this very dark tone to the music.
Their new stuff is somewhat similar, but still very different.

Dark Tranquility remains way closer to Melodic Death Metal, but In Flames is obviously not MDM anymore.
Anyone who says ASOP is Melodic Death Metal is in denial and just wants to use that label to make theirselves feel better.

But dt has in fact changed very much. Skydancer, The Gallery, and The Mind's I sound WAY different than anything above that.
Their new material is very atmospheric, their old material was raw and had this very dark tone to the music.
Their new stuff is somewhat similar, but still very different.
Yes DT might be closer to MDM, but let's be honest, who the FUCK cares about categorization and shit? It seems that in metal, it's more important what genre a band is than what their music sounds like..it's pretty mind-boggling imo. I've always seen newer In Flames as Melodic Metal, and some songs have a scent of death in it as well. But I don't care if they would be called Jazz Metal, I only care for what the music sounds like. But yes I agree with your post. But DT wants to do their thing, and IF want to their thing, luckily for me, I think they both do their job very well with what they are doing.

Let's skip all this trash-talking back and forth, and wait for some cool news about the album instead.

@krofius: You vacillate between being an incredibly insightful, agreeable commenter and a flamethrower. I say this not because I want to enter into an argument with you, but because I believe that you have the potential to be a force for good in the world of music.

If you don't like something, YOU DON'T LISTEN TO IT. You don't spend hours, months, and even years telling people how you think the music suck, I mean wtf, something has to be severely wrong in order to do shit like that.

In statements like this, you are absolutely correct. I was railing against elitist critics in all forms of art earlier today. Critics sometimes act as if someone putting out a piece of art did something bad. They may not have reached their usual standard, or pushed a boundary, or maybe they simply didn't go the direction you had hoped. In this case, the band has not pleased you, but it is absurd for elitists to act as though they have been personally wronged. The most negative that reviews should ever really get is this: "Congratulations on your creation, and thank you for your contribution to society. For anyone interested in reading, here are my personal complaints: (list complaints here)."

Here's an interview quote from Niklas Sundin of DT (source).

DarkScene: Which band(s) should finally call it quits and not bother mankind anymore?

Niklas Sundin: If someone enjoys playing, they should do so. My own taste is so selective that most bands don't really do anything for me, but that doesn't mean that they should quit.

And I seem to recall hearing Trent Reznor of NIN say the same thing in this video here, but I can't watch it right now to find the quote.

While I find you incredibly agreeable here, and I want you to spread this message of sensible art consumption, you get carried away in your frustration and your message gets lost.

In Flames don't owe anyone anything, and you are not in the band, so your opinion doesn't mean shit, you just unfortunately got one.

HUGE NEWSFLASH: No one really gives a fuck about your opinion.

No one gives a fucking shit about your opinions so shut the fuck up instead.

I for one know that IF is laughing there asses of at all the haters and elitists (which is a synonym to retard actually)...

I I know a lot about IF and most likely more than anyone here and all of you haters don't know shit about IF, you just flood all forums with your shitty opinions and it's getting really annoying, and you have 0 arguments in your favor as well.

It's not exactly reasonable to start a thread on a public forum and expect people not to have opinions. You, obviously, have an opinion. This is a good thing. Art exists to express something about life; it's a form of communication. Words are also communication and all people should be encourage to share opinions constructively in order to educate, inform, and move the debate forward.

So, on both sides:

a) In Flames haters should attempt to communicate specific issues with the new sound, and engage in civil discussion with others to attempt to gain new insight into the music.

b) you should attempt to rebut and educate others on the merits of a band that you clearly love. Share your insight into what makes the music lovable.

When you rage against others for the universal sin of having an opinion, you bury your message just as surely as someone with a valid criticism showing up to say "IF suxxors."

I am also very knowledgeable about my favorite band, DT. I chose the approach of making a positive, didactic thread to help others understand the band the way that I do. I have also taken to affirmatively educating on these issues when necessary. While I'm not suggesting that you should love your band by the methods that I love mine, I just want to point out that you can do something positive. If you don't feel like educating and discussing, then you're really just here to argue. In that case, you have just as much of a duty to go fuck yourself as the haters that you so vigorously decry.

I hope that you don't take this post the wrong way.:) Go forth and do good, my friend!

Yes DT might be closer to MDM, but let's be honest, who the FUCK cares about categorization and shit? It seems that in metal, it's more important what genre a band is than what their music sounds like..it's pretty mind-boggling imo. I've always seen newer In Flames as Melodic Metal, and some songs have a scent of death in it as well. But I don't care if they would be called Jazz Metal, I only care for what the music sounds like. But yes I agree with your post. But DT wants to do their thing, and IF want to their thing, luckily for me, I think they both do their job very well with what they are doing.

Let's skip all this trash-talking back and forth, and wait for some cool news about the album instead.

I'm definitely not trying to trash talk, I'm trying to be realistic.
Labeling is stupid, but sometimes it helps weeding shit out, and I enjoy Melodic Death Metal a lot so that can help narrow it down, but yet again, the term MDM has been bastardized and abused, and now you have gay fag shit like Sonic Syndicate and Bloodstained Child being hailed as MDM.

Holy shit.. Really? Sonic Syndicate? You can't get anymore close to emo trash metalcore shit than that, there's NOTHING REMOTELY DEATH METAL ABOUT THAT BAND AT ALL. SCREAMING AND PLAYING MELODIES DOES NOT EQUAL DEATH METAL. That fucking band doesn't have any death metal elements to it at all.
You're from America, you're called Metalcore, you're from Europe you're Melodic Death Metal. Well that's stupid.

Originally bands did sound close to death metal, but now MDM has been more loosely used to described NWOBHM sounding bands with harsh vocals.

Anyways, yeah.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. I read that DT thread as well a few months back, pretty interested and you are clearly more devoted to DT than I am :)

And I agree, I am a flamethrower at times, but yesterday I was just so damn mad, and when you go to last fm, IF's facebook page, and this unofficial forum and you see the same shit all the time, it gets under my skin.

It really doesn't matter what you say to the haters or skeptics, if you try to have an intellectual discussion, they just come up with the regular shit like, In Flames is trying to emulate korn, they are sellouts, they want to sell music to emo kids, etc etc, you really can't talk sense into them. I don't understand why people think it's so hard to understand why In Flames would not want to write the same music for 20 years. I'm pretty sure they would have disbanded years ago had they not been doing what they are doing now.

Calling IF sellouts and refering to the recent albums as evidence to support their claims is just plain ignorant and stupid. Nah, I'm tired of trying to convince ''less intellectually gifted'' people that In Flames is just doing their own thing and they don't care what anyone else thinks. Luckily and positively for me, I got soon to be 10 great albums to listen to, while they have 5-6. I just don't get why people bother hating so much.

Also about the sellout thing, people say it's sellout being on Guitar Hero III, I really don't see why. As an artist you'd want you music to be heard, why would you say no to getting your music exposed to a lot of new people that might end up fans? The whole point of making music is for people to hear it (at least mostly). I think all this talk about sellout all the time is really exaggerating, even with Linkin Park (that I myself hate), I don't people actually understands how much hard work is put in when creating music, performing it live. I think it would be hard for an band/artist to not play music they love live, it would not work in a longer span of time.

Anyways, I agree with your whole post. English is not my native language so sometimes I can't express myself the way I'd like to as I can't find the words needed, but I think it's pretty good anyway :p I might lend some parts of your post in the future btw :)

Holy shit.. Really? Sonic Syndicate? You can't get anymore close to emo trash metalcore shit than that, there's NOTHING REMOTELY DEATH METAL ABOUT THAT BAND AT ALL. SCREAMING AND PLAYING MELODIES DOES NOT EQUAL DEATH METAL.
You know I hate categorizing and all this shit :p
But in Sonic Syndicates defense (also one of my favorite bands) but the last album was a CROCK OF SHIT, or well, most of it was, and I don't think the future is good for SS now that Richard left due to the band and Nuclear Blast kinda backstabbing him. And in this case, we can actually talk about sellout, mostly due to Nuclear Blasts management's fault. I won't go into details and such as it's a long story, but this band actually did kinda sellout.

Anyways, their first album (Eden Fire) is actually MDM. I don't think there is anything to discuss about it, it is MDM. But after that, Only Inhuman & Love and other Disasters, they are more on the Melodic Metal/Metalcore/Modern Metal or whatever genre. But I still love(d) them. But the last album, We Rule The Night..holy fuck is that album an disappointment for me..there's only like 3 good songs on that one in my opinion, to much ballads and poppy sounding. And the label actually promoted them as the ''Modern sweden rockers''..sounds extremely gay.

Not meaning to get into a fight or anything, but their first album is one of my favorite albums ever actually, due to the heavy use of keyboards, which I love. Anyways, back on to the topic, even though there is nothing to discuss about at the moment.

so depressing when a band sells out like this ,seen it hundreds of times b4 BFMV ,A7X (know they're both kinda gay now but weren't so bad b4)and now in flames why not deliver what your fans have come to like maybe what pple want is not another whoracle but another album that sounds just as hardcore and badass

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. I read that DT thread as well a few months back, pretty interested and you are clearly more devoted to DT than I am :)

And I agree, I am a flamethrower at times, but yesterday I was just so damn mad, and when you go to last fm, IF's facebook page, and this unofficial forum and you see the same shit all the time, it gets under my skin.

It really doesn't matter what you say to the haters or skeptics, if you try to have an intellectual discussion, they just come up with the regular shit like, In Flames is trying to emulate korn, they are sellouts, they want to sell music to emo kids, etc etc, you really can't talk sense into them. I don't understand why people think it's so hard to understand why In Flames would not want to write the same music for 20 years. I'm pretty sure they would have disbanded years ago had they not been doing what they are doing now.

Calling IF sellouts and refering to the recent albums as evidence to support their claims is just plain ignorant and stupid. Nah, I'm tired of trying to convince ''less intellectually gifted'' people that In Flames is just doing their own thing and they don't care what anyone else thinks. Luckily and positively for me, I got soon to be 10 great albums to listen to, while they have 5-6. I just don't get why people bother hating so much.

Also about the sellout thing, people say it's sellout being on Guitar Hero III, I really don't see why. As an artist you'd want you music to be heard, why would you say no to getting your music exposed to a lot of new people that might end up fans? The whole point of making music is for people to hear it (at least mostly). I think all this talk about sellout all the time is really exaggerating, even with Linkin Park (that I myself hate), I don't people actually understands how much hard work is put in when creating music, performing it live. I think it would be hard for an band/artist to not play music they love live, it would not work in a longer span of time.

Anyways, I agree with your whole post. English is not my native language so sometimes I can't express myself the way I'd like to as I can't find the words needed, but I think it's pretty good anyway :p I might lend some parts of your post in the future btw :)

You know I hate categorizing and all this shit :p
But in Sonic Syndicates defense (also one of my favorite bands) but the last album was a CROCK OF SHIT, or well, most of it was, and I don't think the future is good for SS now that Richard left due to the band and Nuclear Blast kinda backstabbing him. And in this case, we can actually talk about sellout, mostly due to Nuclear Blasts management's fault. I won't go into details and such as it's a long story, but this band actually did kinda sellout.

Anyways, their first album (Eden Fire) is actually MDM. I don't think there is anything to discuss about it, it is MDM. But after that, Only Inhuman & Love and other Disasters, they are more on the Melodic Metal/Metalcore/Modern Metal or whatever genre. But I still love(d) them. But the last album, We Rule The Night..holy fuck is that album an disappointment for me..there's only like 3 good songs on that one in my opinion, to much ballads and poppy sounding. And the label actually promoted them as the ''Modern sweden rockers''..sounds extremely gay.

Not meaning to get into a fight or anything, but their first album is one of my favorite albums ever actually, due to the heavy use of keyboards, which I love. Anyways, back on to the topic, even though there is nothing to discuss about at the moment.

I've heard about their first album being MDM, but like I said, it's ignorant to keep calling them that now. Labels aren't important I know, but it's supposed to give you something to expect.

Like I said, if you're from Europe, you're gonna be called Melodic Death Metal instead of Metalcore. The Black Dahlia Murder is honestly more close to death metal or MDM then they are, but whatever. I personally don't like their music.

@Clay-Man and krofius: you are each half right on the genre issue. Like you say Clay-Man, we need genre labels because it helps to talk about the issues. Like you say, krofius, the problem with labels is that we end up throwing good and bad bands into the same genre bins. The key? Use descriptive genres, but don't use them in a derogatory fashion. Casting all metalcore as crap is stupid when the good metalcore bands come along.

Also, how awesome is it that we were just talking about people trolling and hating on bands when piffy808 (who is almost certainly a KE$HA fan) registered an account just to troll this thread and pimp a My Chemical Romance video in another one? Check the youngling's post history if you don't believe me.

On Topic: This new album will apparently feature more singing than usual and less screaming. Frankly, Anders' singing voice really upsets me. I can't find a way to like it. I listen to a lot of music across a lot of genres, and I have come to love smooth folk voices, mathcore shrieking, death metal growling, classical singing, and even some of the weirder vocalists out there, like Frank Black or the guy from the Violent Femmes. I could just never understand what IF as going for. Seriously, the song Metaphor should be just about the greatest song ever written, even with the kind of mumble-whined vocals in the verses. Then that chorus hits, and the whining character of the vocals gets to the point where his voice fucking cracks. The thing that frustrates me about post-Clayman IF is the bizarre juxtaposition of genius music with comically bad vocals. Reflect the Storm also tops the list of balls-out pure-genius multi-genre music ruined by an onslaught of bizarre vocals.

I'm also interested in the eventual direction of the production on the album. Recent material from the band seems to lack an aggressive low-end punch, which makes some of the really incredible guitar ideas bleed into the background; frankly, the lack of muscle in the production is half of what drove me away from this band post Clayman.

The production has been very lacking ever since they left Fredman. He knew exactly how to make every aspect of the tones to be tight and strong.
Production really does effect the sound of the music.

For singing, I still question how he sounds incredibly different between Clayman and future albums. It sounds like a completely different person when you compare cleans from pre Reroute to post Clayman.

Anders has a very nasaly voice now.