In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I can't stop listening Enter Tragedy... Don't know if this album is gonna last like some masterpieces from the past, but for now it certainly is a killer! Melodic, innovative, powerful, a lot of energy and emotion. Someone leak the damn thing already, please!

Setlist from the debut show of this album cycle (31st May)
No big surprises at all really...Same old Setlist =/
Interesting with WTDSD and Deliver Us though.

Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Deliver Us
Only for the Weak
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
System
Leeches
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Touch of Red
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

EDIT: Found a new interview with Björn in which he explains each track on the album, how it got made, it's in Swedish though but you can translate with google I guess. http://www.expressen.se/noje/1.2456291/sa-skapades-in-flames-nya-skiva

Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Deliver Us
Only for the Weak
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
System
Leeches
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Touch of Red
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Wow, what an utter shitheap of a setlist that is. Someone should remind them the band did exist before the year 2000 and once upon a time they wrote some of the best metal on the planet. Instead they bust out "hits" such as 'Disconnected', 'The Mirror's Truth', 'Touch of Red' and 'Delight and Angers' ... what a bunch of wankers :D if that's the setlist they choose to go ahead with for the foreseeable future they are dead to me as a live band.

Wow, what an utter shitheap of a setlist that is.

My thoughts exactly. It's all singles, and wannabe singles. Out of that 17 song, I would really want to hear live only 4-5. Terrible.

Then again...this is obviously what people want to hear. Same with Metallica or Iron Maiden: Who would want to listen to boring shit like stuff from The Number of the Beast, Iron Maiden, Seventh son etc or Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Justice for All....when there are such amazing albums like The X factor, Virtual XI, Dance of Death or Load, ReLoad, St.Anger, Death Magnetic... Right?

Other than the new songs there is nothing on that setlist I haven't seen 100000000x before. It's just lazy, but as long as they get huge crowds of emo tossers singing along to "I FEEL LIKE SHIT, BUT AT LEAST I FEEL SOMETHINGGGG!!" i guess they'll be happy.

I shouldn't be so angry over their setlists anymore really :D but they were actually going in the right direction on the last couple of tours, throwing in shit like S&A, The Hive, Zombie Inc, the Jester Race medley ... now it's back to the very worst of In Flames (or best if you haven't hit puberty yet).

In fact, if I could draw up a list of 17 songs I didn't want to see In Flames play live the majoirty of those would be on it :D

Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Deliver Us
Only for the Weak
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
System
Leeches
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Touch of Red
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

It's like they copied and pasted the first 17 tracks from the list for most listen tracks on last.fm and replaced 2 songs with new ones. A bit lazy.

http://www.lastfm.se/music/In+Flames/+charts?rangetype=week&subtype=tracks

I'd be extremely happy with that setlist, and I have gone through puberty and graduated college. But I also love their old stuff, so really, I'd be happy with any setlist. Most of these songs mean more to me than any on Colony, Whoracle, or The Jester Race, so I'd prefer this setlist. And A88, Metallica really doesn't play anything from Load, ReLoad, or St. Anger anymore if you haven't checked. They play something from every other album. That said, it would be cool if In Flames did more song rotation from city to city.

Jester313, I was being ironic. This setlist is like Black album-Death Magnetic setlist without first four albums.

I just think that TJR, Whoracle and Colony deserve at least one song per album in a 17-18 song setlist. It is logical they want to play the newer stuff, but it is wrong to forget pre-2000 album.

I honestly wouldn't travel few hundred km to Budapest and then pay to see that setlist.

Jester313, I was being ironic. This setlist is like Black album-Death Magnetic setlist without first four albums.

I just think that TJR, Whoracle and Colony deserve at least one song per album in a 17-18 song setlist. It is logical they want to play the newer stuff, but it is wrong to forget pre-2000 album.

I honestly wouldn't travel few hundred km to Budapest and then pay to see that setlist.
They don't play the songs cause the audience doesn't react, as said before. I have so many bootlegs, and Anders talking in-between saying that they're going to play some old shit and people have to move else they will not play the songs anymore. But they will throw in something pre-Clayman, they always do.

The fans aren't going to move because In Flames catered their post-2000 music to people who don't really appreciate proper metal :D (not saying everyone who likes their new stuff doesn't appreciate good metal btw, just that the music is geared towards the poser types). It's stupid for him to blame the fans for not moving and threaten not to play the older songs when it's a direct result of In Flames moving towards a crowd that by and large doesn't give a fuck about good metal and is just there for the 'chugga chugga' riffs and choruses where they can sing about how much they want to take their lives and feel like shit.

I can put up with a lot of shit from Anders but he can't troll like that and expect it to be accepted as anything close to a legitimate reason to not play older stuff :D

The reason they don't play older stuff is simply because their 'crowd' is now people who don't appreciate their old music. Simple as that, blaming the crowd for 'not moving' is just childish on his part.