In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

The title makes me think... They are grown up now, no more games, life gets more serious with their families etc etc.
Could it be their last album maybe? :p
Doubt it. I think they'll be fine. And we gotta forget about the so called "old material" and focus on what the band's doing now. If people don't like the "new material" then I advise you to be more opened minded.

I guess I am lucky here, listening to such a wide range of music I am always excited to see how different the next In Flames album will sound.

If I wanted to hear them sound like their old stuff, I'd just listen to their old albums or find a similar band.

Never heard much on this album, I have a feeling its going to be great though.

Personally, ASOP was my favourite album because not only was the style of the music very unique, but Anders' voice was different in this one then Come Clarity
Like the singing in Come Clarity was enhanced.

I hope SPF will be just as good!

ha. HA! this actually made me chuckle. The band needs to just break up. Have the guys go their own ways now. The IF legacy is completely tarnished.

They're doing what they want to do, they're making music for theirselves, so why would they need to break up if they're having such a great time?

I don't understand why people complain about a band changing it's style. It's one thing to prefer heavier vocals like screaming over clean vocals, but how can you blame a band for wanting to change? For gods sake its their tenth album. Who wants to write ten albums without changing it up a bit? ASOP might not of been traditional in flames, but that certainly doesn't make any worse. In fact its quite good, and I'm sure the new album will do just the same. Glad most people here actually realize change can and in many cases is a good thing for bands. Anyone who expected this album to sound anything like their older stuff only set themselves up to be disappointed. Anyway, new album name is awesome and the 1:30 "instrumental" piece sounds awesome. Can't wait.

I don't understand why people complain about a band changing it's style. It's one thing to prefer heavier vocals like screaming over clean vocals, but how can you blame a band for wanting to change? For gods sake its their tenth album. Who wants to write ten albums without changing it up a bit? ASOP might not of been traditional in flames, but that certainly doesn't make any worse. In fact its quite good, and I'm sure the new album will do just the same. Glad most people here actually realize change can and in many cases is a good thing for bands. Anyone who expected this album to sound anything like their older stuff only set themselves up to be disappointed. Anyway, new album name is awesome and the 1:30 "instrumental" piece sounds awesome. Can't wait.
People tend to have the tradition of living in the past and on top of that suffering from low intelligence. There is sadly nothing you can do about it.

I check blabbermouth everyday, In Flames is my top listened to band on Last.FM and I am friends with them on Facebook. WHEN THE FUCK WAS THE TITLE ANNOUNCED? And I think it's LAME. Just when you think In Flames might take themselves seriously again they come up with another album with sound in it and playground? Ugh.

I did really like ASOP when it first came out and it keeps getting spins from time to time so I'm sure I'll like the album but when I tell my friends who Abandoned In Flames after Soundtrack the new album title I'm sure I'll get made fun of for still liking them and tell me how bad they are now. Why couldn't they just release a better title.

I check blabbermouth everyday, In Flames is my top listened to band on Last.FM and I am friends with them on Facebook. WHEN THE FUCK WAS THE TITLE ANNOUNCED? And I think it's LAME. Just when you think In Flames might take themselves seriously again they come up with another album with sound in it and playground? Ugh.

I did really like ASOP when it first came out and it keeps getting spins from time to time so I'm sure I'll like the album but when I tell my friends who Abandoned In Flames after Soundtrack the new album title I'm sure I'll get made fun of for still liking them and tell me how bad they are now. Why couldn't they just release a better title.
Anders revealed the title on Bandit Radio 14th January. I don't think the title is childish at all, and HOW IS IT UNSERIOUS? What's wrong with the word Sound lol? The title is obviously metaphorical, do not take it literally as you seem to. There is no ''better'' title. What title would you prefer, maybe ''HAIL SATAN'' or ''Darkness Consumed''?
So fucking tired of whining, WHINING and WHINING.

Hmm I kinda like the album title it also reminds me of STYE but that's not a bad thing. The one thing I didn't like is the fact that the are less screaming, I was hoping for a more old school approach of this album and I got somewhat dissapointed but I hope the best for the new album, I respect the band for wanting to change and I will always support them. Also we shouldn't be biased and say it sucks without having heart it yet!

I'm hoping for something near Clayman. But that's just my hopes. I think its the best formula they have with their ability (since Anders' probably can't really growl like Whoracle anymore). Clayman had that balance of aggression and melody that really defined them in my opinion.

but enough of me wanking about Clayman, I just hope this album is better then ASOP. The only song I liked off of ASOP was March to the Shore.

i dont care,they can release whatever they want because i will always support them,i just want jesper back because he is heart of in flames

I liked their post-Clayman albums (especialy Come Clarity), with ASOP being an exception. And its not because of the music and compositions itself, which were still pretty good, but because of the overall production and vocals. ASOP simply had that plastic, overcompressed sound which made it impossible to like, despite the good guitar parts here and there. Guitars sounded weak and vocals sounded whiny. I remember watching studio diary before I got the album, and I thought it was gonna be their best "newer" album, after hearing the melodies they played. But then when I got the album I was pretty dissapointed. I'm just afraid that they are going to stick with the ASOP production, especialy since they dumped the 5150's and switched to Marshalls with ASOP. Dont get me wrong, Marshalls are great amps, but I am just saying that the post-Clayman guitar tone is not coming back.

The second problem is that IF are starting to become Passenger more and more. Just listen to the vocals, its all there.

Not even gonna mention the fact that Jesper is not in the band anymore. I am pretty sceptical about the new album, but I am not rulling it out untill I hear it. You never know :)

I liked their post-Clayman albums (especialy Come Clarity), with ASOP being an exception. And its not because of the music and compositions itself, which were still pretty good, but because of the overall production and vocals. ASOP simply had that plastic, overcompressed sound which made it impossible to like, despite the good guitar parts here and there. Guitars sounded weak and vocals sounded whiny. I remember watching studio diary before I got the album, and I thought it was gonna be their best "newer" album, after hearing the melodies they played. But then when I got the album I was pretty dissapointed. I'm just afraid that they are going to stick with the ASOP production, especialy since they dumped the 5150's and switched to Marshalls with ASOP. Dont get me wrong, Marshalls are great amps, but I am just saying that the post-Clayman guitar tone is not coming back.

The second problem is that IF are starting to become Passenger more and more. Just listen to the vocals, its all there.

Not even gonna mention the fact that Jesper is not in the band anymore. I am pretty sceptical about the new album, but I am not rulling it out untill I hear it. You never know :)

ej prijatelju ti si iz srbije ti bi me mogao ovako razumiti,pozdrav iz hrvatske

For anyone hoping/believing it might sound Oldschool or whatever, do not get your ''hopes'' up. This album just like all previous ones will be different but obviously still with the same formula that is: Melody and Aggression. ASOP was VERY melodic and I loved it. Regular In Flames haters will obviously not like this new stuff, those of you who enjoy the ''newer'' IF albums will probably like it to an extent, or maybe love it? You never know what to expect, all I know is that it will as always be easy to determine it's IF, they will always have their own style. I'm just happy they have written music which such HUGE variety and keep writing original music (even though elitist retards claim something else, cause they don't know shit). Also I don't get the hate on ASOP either..I think the production is brilliant, the album just needs many many listens to hear all layers and details. About the amps, I don't think they are going for Marshall, if I recall right on a FaceBook picture they posted it's 5150 again. But I can still see this album having a production SOMEWHAT close to ASOP, or well, closer to ASOP than all other albums they've done due to the same producer, studio & mostly gear (I think?). I'm so excited already for the new album. Hope some cool news drop soon.

For the haters: Haters gonna hate, fuck you.

For anyone hoping/believing it might sound Oldschool or whatever, do not get your ''hopes'' up. This album just like all previous ones will be different but obviously still with the same formula that is: Melody and Aggression. ASOP was VERY melodic and I loved it. Regular In Flames haters will obviously not like this new stuff, those of you who enjoy the ''newer'' IF albums will probably like it to an extent, or maybe love it? You never know what to expect, all I know is that it will as always be easy to determine it's IF, they will always have their own style. I'm just happy they have written music which such HUGE variety and keep writing original music (even though elitist retards claim something else, cause they don't know shit). Also I don't get the hate on ASOP either..I think the production is brilliant, the album just needs many many listens to hear all layers and details. About the amps, I don't think they are going for Marshall, if I recall right on a FaceBook picture they posted it's 5150 again. But I can still see this album having a production SOMEWHAT close to ASOP, or well, closer to ASOP than all other albums they've done due to the same producer, studio & mostly gear (I think?). I'm so excited already for the new album. Hope some cool news drop soon.

For the haters: Haters gonna hate, fuck you.

We could be best friends.

I agree with everything, except the production part. I honestly cannot find anything briliant in it. Sure, its mixed well, you can hear everything easily, but the overall sound is just so... weak. It simply lacks agression, IMHO.

But hey, it just wouldnt be interesting if we all had the same opinion :)

This better be one of those joke title scandals used to drum up attention then they'll say "PSYCH! Haha you thought we'd release something with a title that shitty? Naw it's Bloody Inverted Crucifixes And The Altars Of Surgical Decrepitude!"

I agree with everything, except the production part. I honestly cannot find anything briliant in it. Sure, its mixed well, you can hear everything easily, but the overall sound is just so... weak. It simply lacks agression, IMHO.

But hey, it just wouldnt be interesting if we all had the same opinion :)
Exactly :) But there is a difference between blatantly retarded elitism and musical preferences/opinions. I always say what IF says, they can't please everybody, but they can at least please themselves.
This better be one of those joke title scandals used to drum up attention then they'll say "PSYCH! Haha you thought we'd release something with a title that shitty? Naw it's Bloody Inverted Crucifixes And The Altars Of Surgical Decrepitude!"
...And Not A Single Fuck Was Given That Day.
Your amazing sense of humour can only be matched by your intelligence. (quoted from some dude at the COB forum)

HINT: It's very low.

We're talking really low here.

Also, you are a faggot :)