In Flames to record 'Whoracle pt. II'

Pallbearer

Passive Member
Some excerpts from the recent interview from a Finnish 'Nuottiöljy' magazine, translated by me. Sorry about grammar and shit.

A lot of In Flames fans called for you to make a bit of a return to your early days with 'Come Clarity', and some fans believe it somewhat did that, especially because of the greater use of guitar harmonies. 'A Sense Of Purpose' could be described as a further move into that direction, as some of the material definitely has a strong 'Clayman' vibe to it, and one of the songs has a beautiful outro that wouldn't sound too much out of place on 'Lunar Strain'.

Well, let me start by stating that we never compromise or anything, we do what we want to do and there's no pressure from any record company or from our fans. However, whereas 'Reroute to Remain' was mostly a successful experiment, most of us guys were ultimately a bit unhappy with the outcome of 'Soundtrack To Your Escape'. It's not a terrible album, but I was looking in the crystal ball and I could see where we were headed for. So I brought it up with the rest of the band and everyone agreed with my notion. To be honest, now that I look back at it there are some songs on 'Soundtrack' that probably shouldn't have been released as In Flames music.

Really?

Yeah, 'Touch of Red' and 'Like You Better Dead' fall into that category if you ask me. Anyway, when we started collecting song ideas for 'Come Clarity' Anders came up with the idea of recording a sequel for our 1997 album 'Whoracle'. Shockingly enough, it was soon established that he wasn't joking. So the idea started to be seriously considered and after giving it some though we made a decision to launch this ambitious project. There was one problem, though. You cannot just release an album like that after releasing 'Soundtrack'. That simply wouldn't have felt right. So we started incorporating some of the 'old In Flames' elements in our music again, which can be heard on 'Come Clarity' and 'A Sense of Purpose'. 75% of the material for 'Whoracle II' has been written already and now we feel the timing is right. It makes perfect sense to release the stuff next to 'A Sense OF Purpose'. The original intention was to get the album out in 2007 to coincide with the 10th anniversary of Whoracle's release, but that plan had to be scrapped because of time constraints. At any rate, you can expect a late 2009 release.

Fuck...would have had me, except that too many fuckers have tried pulling shit today. Mostly because i really want to believe that.

You know, that was actually very well written. I instantly knew it was going to be an April Fools joke just by looking at the thread title, but that was rather impressive.

Good work.

One day it will be announced.... Whoracle II, released worldwide on April 1st :cool: feat. AJ Tracey, Bad Bunny & Nicki Minaj.