In Memory of Evil Chuck

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I know I am not alone in this community when I say that I am a big fan of Chuck Schuldiner. He is one of my favorite guitarists, and composers of music. He was one of the few that could put together technical pieces without sacrificing song composition. Also, with Control Denied (featuring the current vocalist of Pharaoh - a solid band), Evil Chuck put out one of the best power metal albums of all time. Pretty impressive for a guy, who possibly did not create - but certaintly defined the death metal genre. Death will always be one of my favorite bands. He died 5 years ago - December 13, 2001, and with him a mind that was capable of delivering to us more great music. He is greatly missed. But at least he achieved immortality with his music.

As he said:

Take the plunge, take the chance
Safe in the heart and soul from elements
Spawned by those void of no self-worth
And no sense of dreams

If Chuck was alive today, I have no doubt Control Denied would have been confirmed for one of the recent ProgPowers. RIP to one of metal's most visionary minds. Metalheads will miss you always.

One of the true geniuses in not just metal, but music as a whole.

Of the many things I admired about Chuck, from his amazing playing abillity to his superior songwriting skill, it was his passion and dedication to metal that I loved the most. In a time when he could have dropped everything he was doing to write trendy, chugga chugga hardcore/nu-metal crap, he put out two of the best albums in his career (The Sound Of Perserverence and The Fragile Art Of Existence). He brought Hammerfall on tour with Death, a move that today, and even in that time was/would be frowned upon by the death metal crowd. He didn't care, as he supported all metal bands, as long as they were true...

RIP Chuck Schuldiner, if you were alive today, you'd probably be in business with Glenn helping Prog Power as much as you could..

Hail to Chuck - RIP.

I still remember the first time I met him. A friend and I went to see Death (on the Individual Thought Patterns tour) and we were hanging out in the parking lot beforehand. Out comes Chuck through the front door of the venue, and sits down and just starts talking with everyone around him. He just seemed to be such a nice, friendly, down to earth type of guy. He is certainly missed.

Also met Chuck and was GREAT moment!!!!! Chuck breathed metal and it showed with the way he handled himself on stage and off!! TRUE CLASS!!!!Chuck you are missed GREATLY!! RIP!!!!!