In need of some kicks

PostMortem1666

Ocean Planet is on burn
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma, US
I need some good kick samples. I went through the drum samples meta and the only one i somewhat liked was the "tasty unknown kick sample" one. Can you guys post some of your favorite kicks on here?

Sorry, dude, if you only like one of the many great kicks posted on this board, you better start getting into engineering and record some yourself.

Seriously, there are tons of great kicks in that and if you don't like them, your style/preference is probably far off the "generally liked" drumsounds that you won't get around making some yourself ...

well there isnt a whole lot of kicks on that in the first place. theres like 5 or 6 different ones maybe. some dont have enough hard hits. some are just not my style. some the links dont work on. (the whole share a sample thread pretty much :erk:) that for me narrowed it down to what i have.

I posted this a while back:

Also, I took drum samples from the session and I figured I'd post them up as well. The kit was a Sonor 3005 Force Studio all maple set.

22" x 17-1/2" kick drum w/ Power Stroke 3 beater/Sonor front head. Mic was a Beta52.

10" x 8" and 12" x 9" rack toms w/ Emperors on top/Ambassadors on bottom, mics were SM57's.

16" x 14" floor tom w/ Emperors on top/Ambassadors on bottom, mic was SM57.

14" x 5" snare drum w/ Power Stroke 3 on top, mic was SM57.

Drum dial settings were Kick 75/75, Snare 85/80, Toms 72/70.

Here are the unprocessed samples:

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/HexTheNet/Sonor_3005_Force_Studio_Unprocessed.rar

And here are the processed ones (eq and comp only):

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/HexTheNet/Sonor_3005_Force_Studio_Processed.rar

Someone pointed out to me that one of the floor tom hits is bad so watch out for that one. If you use these let me know what you think.

the kick has a basketball kind of sound to it. i like the unprocessed snare and toms though. those are gonna come in handy :). thanks man!

You should record more drumsets!!
I realy like the snare.

I'll be looking forward to new recordings from you!

Thx alot!

Barre

Yeah, it's not the most metal drumkit processing, it was used for an acoustic and a funk project. Although, the only tuning I would change for a straight metal track would of been the kick to around 72/72 with the Drumdial. Glad you guys liked the drums though - I'd love to hear any songs you use them on and see your take on them.

Try creating one kick out of multiple kicks with attributes that you like. I find I can usually get a pretty sexy sounding thumper using that method.

I need some good kick samples. I went through the drum samples meta and the only one i somewhat liked was the "tasty unknown kick sample" one. Can you guys post some of your favorite kicks on here?

I think from what I've seen on your other posts, that you're very picky with your sounds, you need to learn to work more with the samples you've got, a nice clean kick sample with some processing can almost always sound great, just take the time to use eq and compression to mould the sample to sound how you want it to sound. And I also agree that there is a shitload of nice samples on here, just use the search and you'll find a lot.

well i went through the drum sample meta post again and found one of ronnie rockers kicks that i just completely skipped and god damn i fell in love with it. :headbang: i know im picky. i cant help it :D

Funny... i find myself drowning in great sounding kicks at the moment... all of them, well most of them were gained from this forum.