in praise of the glory of true metal

the only other songs i wanted to have played were blood of the kings and gates of valhalla. other than that i dug their set. especially the transition of heart of steel into hail and kill. that was awesome. :)

my brother's friend is bringing like $400 to the new york city show to buy ever single piece of metal merchandise both bands have to offer.

I saw Manowar at the NJ metal fest. It was most triumphant.
Also Virgin Steele, that same weekend. Dude had a flaming sword on stage.

sayin'

email from my brother:

Jay and McCoy went to Manowar/Rhapsody. McCoy went representing his company (they just sold a mixing console for Manowar new album). Keegan and I couldn't get tickets, because they sold out in a week! 1,500 people packed that place. Jay said Manowar barely played; they mostly talked about how metal they are and Joey kept screaming "Roseland No-BallsRoom wouldn't take us! Neither would the Irving Plaza! But the great guitarist B.B. King did!" Then the manager came on stage and told the audience that Roseland just called him to book a show and so did 3 other venues! What a bunch of losers. Joey did a fifteen minute speach about true metal and what they are all about, which I guess is true metal. Jay said they were pathetic. It wasn't even funny after a while. Just talking and flexing!

Keegan and I just stayed at my placed, smoked up and listen to the new Porcupine Tree and King Crimson.

also, this was a good one from a couple weeks ago.

Keegan just got us VIP passes to see the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith premier in Midtown at the Zigfeld Theater. This is the theater that is on the news every year where people dress up as storm troopers (among other characters) and stand in line for 2 months just to get a ticket. Well, tonight I get to walk right by them with my VIP pass and laugh at their pathetic existences.

These emails let me know that I'm not really missing out on much by being here.