10 Favorite Power Metal Albums

Get over yourself.

The fuck are you smoking. Why don't you enlighten us with your great knowledge? Why don't you tell us what the genre is that you listen to?
Don't feed the troll

On topic: Just grabbed Savatage's Hall Of The Mountain King. Good Shit.:worship:
I'm really surprised at the title track. I love the chorus. Anyways was also surprised by how awesome some of the guitar work on this is.
Yeah, that's a fantastic album. Chris Oliva was an amazing guitarist, and John Oliva is a fantastic vocalist. The whole album is great all the way through. Some great bass work, too, for all you bassists.

NONE!!! power metal really sucks... dragons and swords what the fuck is that?? that is not real... dragons dosent exist men haha... grow up and start listen to real metal not this fantasy bull shit, cause thats what it is

You're dumb

I fits my ears somehow :lol: I find that Russell Allen's voice (like Hansi Kursch's one) is quite heavier than average in this style. But maybe I'm wrong, it's just a feeling, and I don't know so many power metal bands. I remember seeing Edguy live in a festival and didn't like the voice at all.

Probably... I love Symphony X, Blind Guardian and Demons and Wizards for sure!! The vocals are really powerful and I don't find them too high. But maybe those ones are exceptions...

Hansi has a ridiculously high voice...w/e. Stay away from Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian, in that case.
I think Tobias Sammet has a great voice, but w/e. If you listen to Avantasia - The Final Sacrifice, you can hear that he can do some pretty powerful semi-harsh vocals.
I would recommend Avantasia - The Metal Opera Pt. 1. It's a fantastic power metal album and features a ton of different vocalists from established power metal bands. May help you find some you like.

The fuck are you smoking. Why don't you enlighten us with your great knowledge? Why don't you tell us what the genre is that you listen to?

On topic: Just grabbed Savatage's Hall Of The Mountain King. Good Shit.:worship:
I'm really surprised at the title track. I love the chorus. Anyways was also surprised by how awesome some of the guitar work on this is.

well buddy i just try to listen good music, good bands, something that blows my mind and is nice to hear... and this shit is not more than crab and comercial stuff in my ears, sorry about that, and i dont have an special genre at all.. cheers

Helloween did start power metal, I guess. And they were good. But they've been surpassed by a lot of bands (almost all of them, in fact). Bands like Rhapsody, Hammerfall, Dragonforce (fuck you), Edguy, etc have taken the template Helloween laid down and run with it. They have taken it further and surpassed it and stuff. Helloween is a good band, and they were very influential, and I think all true metalheads should have Keeper of the Seven Keys I & II in their collection. But there are definitely 10 power metal albums way better than anything Helloween have recorded.

Call me a fanboy, but the two Keeper albums are, in my opinion, the power metal albums, the greatest ever. Not only have they yet to be surpassed by any newer bands, but I don't see bands putting out albums better than those two for a long time. Rhapsody and Hammerfall are great, sure, and I like 'em both well enough, but they're not a patch on old Helloween. I just haven't heard a band that matches the anthemic quality, the sophistication, the power, not to mention the sheer listenability of Helloween's earliest material. There's no accounting for taste, though, I reckon.

Also, has anybody ever heard the b-side to one of the single off of the second Keeper album, "Savage?" Fuckin' awesome song.

Kiuas - Spirit of Ukko
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side
Hibria - Defying the Rules
Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame
Angra - Temple of Shadows
Symphony X - The Oddessey
Dragonland- Starfall
Gamma Ray - Somewhere out in Space
Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor
Demons & Wizards - S/T
Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse
Aquaria - Shambala
Helloween - The Dark Ride
Heavenly - Virus (Or Dust to Dust, both are interchangeable for me)

Sorry, seems my definition of '10' is pretty liberal. I can't quite decide between all these here.