10 Favorite Power Metal Albums

I was being silly :p I almost alluded to the fact that I was joking by openly exclaiming you were a racist but felt it to maybe take something away from my seemingly serious argument.

That is the only Panzer album I have and I don't really enjoy it because I can't listen to it without bias since it is about Macbeth. I hate Shakespeare.

2670.jpg

Represent niccuh!

Helstar - Burning Star! And older Savatage and Liege Lord if that counts. Other than that I really don't listen to much Power metal. And if I do like the band chances are they have a good amount of Speed Metal in them as well. I do occassionally listen to some staples of the genre such as Jag Panzer, Agent Steel, and Toxik all of whom aren't strictly power metal (specially Agent Steel)

Rhapsody is really gay and really crappy but I have to admit to rocking out to them sometimes. FOR THE KING FOR THE LAND FOR THE MOUNTAINS!

edit: Btw, somebody needs to tell me what Jag Panzer album I should get. I have a few songs by them and there's this one that is just massively awesome. I think it might be from Mechanized Warfare.

Jag Panzer's best album is Chain of Command. They did it with better production on The Age of Mastery. I think their weakest is Thane to the Throne, but basically every album by them is good.

Agent Steel is awesome. In fact, I'm listening to Skeptics Apocalypse right now. That and Unstoppable Force are fuckin' classics. However, I wouldn't call them power metal. They're more like face-melting, world-eating speed metal, and furthermore one of the few bands that I actually feel comfortable calling speed metal as opposed to something else (thrash/power).

MASTERS OF METAL: AGENTS OF STEEL!

But current Agent Steel is alien conspiracy metal, am I right?

I wasn't too big on Omega Conspiracy, after initially liking it a good bit (maybe I'll revisit it sometime). I haven't heard anything that came after it.

rant about helloween
Helloween did start power metal, I guess. And they were good. But they've been surpassed by a lot of bands (almost all of them, in fact). Bands like Rhapsody, Hammerfall, Dragonforce (fuck you), Edguy, etc have taken the template Helloween laid down and run with it. They have taken it further and surpassed it and stuff. Helloween is a good band, and they were very influential, and I think all true metalheads should have Keeper of the Seven Keys I & II in their collection. But there are definitely 10 power metal albums way better than anything Helloween have recorded.

NONE!!! power metal really sucks... dragons and swords what the fuck is that?? that is not real... dragons dosent exist men haha... grow up and start listen to real metal not this fantasy bull shit, cause thats what it is

Nec, if you like Attacker then you should also check out Sleepy Hollow. It has a couple of really great songs. Good luck finding it, though I think that Shadow Kingdom records still carrries it. You could also check out the album Rest In Pieces of Sleepy Hollow if you want to hear their entire career in one go.

Haha, trust me, I'm well aware of them, great band, as is everything else related to Bob Mitchell. I would have to say that I'm a big fan of US Power Metal all around, though since I don't really download I haven't delved deep into the really obscure stuff like Medieval and bands who've only released a demo or two or something like that. I'm a big supporter of Shadow Kingdom as well, I have a link to his website in my signature.

I totally don't listen to power metal anymore..But I used to lve some bands..Here's my top 10

1. Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth
2. Kamelot - Epica
3. Sonata Arctica - Silence
4. Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 1
5. Gamma Ray - Powerplant
6. Edguy - Theater of Salvation
7. Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground Beneath
8. Demons and Wizards - Demons and Wizards
9. Hammerfall - Legacy of Kings
10. Pyramaze - Legend of the Bonecarver

NONE!!! power metal really sucks... dragons and swords what the fuck is that?? that is not real... dragons dosent exist men haha... grow up and start listen to real metal not this fantasy bull shit, cause thats what it is
The fuck are you smoking. Why don't you enlighten us with your great knowledge? Why don't you tell us what the genre is that you listen to?

On topic: Just grabbed Savatage's Hall Of The Mountain King. Good Shit.:worship:
I'm really surprised at the title track. I love the chorus. Anyways was also surprised by how awesome some of the guitar work on this is.