In retrospect, STYE isn't that bad.

AntiWiggin

Mar 16, 2008
At least In Flames tried something new, did something creative. Not all of it was good, actually the majority sucked with the exception of like, 4 or 5 songs.
But still, F(r)iend, My Sweet Shadow, and The Quiet Place are songs that I wouldn't mind hearing live.

Which is in stark contrast to everything released after STYE.

Dude
I really liked this album
I really did
f(r)iend was fucking awesome. i love the heaviness
and I like evil in a closet, bottled, 595-escape, superhero rage, in search for i and touch of red.

I hate this album with a passion. Nothing on that album resembles anything remotely creative to me. It's so uninspired, even moreso than A Sense of Purpose. There's a few cool tracks like My Sweet Shadow and Dead Alone, but even those are tracks I would be happy to never hear again. The other recent albums murder this album, in my opinion.

I think ASOP was way more uninspired than STYE, and I think that STYE in general is a better album. Sure, there are alot of tracks that I don't like on STYE, but it's the same case for ASOP. Atleast STYE has some uber tracks, like Superhero of the Computer Rage, Dead Alone, In Search for I. And also, STYE is more variated in terms of song structure, the whole album isn't intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/solo or interlude/chorus/outro same as intro spammage.
(I also love the crispyness of the STYE production, it sounds more alive than the extremely compressed ASOP production, the leadguitars are a bit too low though on STYE)

At least In Flames tried something new, did something creative. Not all of it was good, actually the majority sucked with the exception of like, 4 or 5 songs.
But still, F(r)iend, My Sweet Shadow, and The Quiet Place are songs that I wouldn't mind hearing live.

Which is in stark contrast to everything released after STYE.

I'm with you till the last sentence there. They've improved dramatically since STYE.

Come Clarity was like an island between 2 shit rivers.
A lot of STYE was horrible, but there's some good songs. STYE had the shittiest guitar tone I have ever heard in my life.

But I love Evil In A Closet. It's a great song.

For ASOP..... I haven't listen to that album in 2 months. I'm honestly starting to not give a shit about it.

I'd much rather listen to STYE than ASOP. The only reason I haven't sold ASOP is because I have a complete full-length collection from the band.

RTR was their last really good release

I hate how WeAreInFlames doesn't show respect for Reroute To Remain.
It's honestly more thuroughly older sounding then the rest of the "sellout" albums.

ASOP honestly doesn't freakin sound like what In Flames are ment to be.