In retrospect, STYE isn't that bad.

It is metal, and you would be a fool to not call it metal. What it isn't is melodic death metal.

Listen to it like a heavy metal album, because they're obviously not melodic-death anymore.

Then what should everybody listen to the album as then? I understand what you're saying, but there's no way ASOP is light enough to be classified as a rock album.

As far as I'm concerned, they're still metal.

regardless. Cover up the in flames logo. Obviously if you listen to this expecting one thing and get another you'll hate it. Try to come at it open-mindedly.

The only In Flames album that I'm having a hard time swallowing right now would be ASOP. When I first bought STYE, I was a little... let's just say not pleased. The tuning was a bit too low and at first all of the songs seemed very homogeneous. But as time passed, my love grew for STYE. It was this growing love for STYE that made me love In Flames even more. Because I began to realize that not only was STYE different than any other In Flames album, no In Flames album was alike.

Hopefully, in time I will learn to love ASOP also because just like every other In Flames album, it is different and has its own personality.

:lol: Imagine all the fanboys ''OMG!!1 THE INTRO OF CONDEMNED SOUNDS SO F0CKING HEAVY, SO FUCKING BR00TAL!'' please dude, just because an intro is ''heavy'' doesn't mean the whole song is.
no shit, sherlock. read my comment.
and in case you've noticed, I have an extreme case of not using caps. and i wouldn't describe anything in flames have ever done as heavy. if you want heavy I'll be happy to recommend stuff, but I listen to IF for other reasons.

In Flames have their heavy moments but overall they're more melodic than heavy, that's always been their trademark and IMO still is.

no shit, sherlock. read my comment.
and in case you've noticed, I have an extreme case of not using caps. and i wouldn't describe anything in flames have ever done as heavy. if you want heavy I'll be happy to recommend stuff, but I listen to IF for other reasons.

What do you mean with; ''The music isn't very heavy. But if you listen to the intro to condemned, where it is heavy, it sounds pretty heavy.'' then?

He basically means the parts of ASOP that In Flames wanted to sound heavy do sound heavy, such as the intro to Condemned, but that the majority of it isn't geared towards that direction.

Why are you having such a hard time understanding him, metalkickass? It's not like that post about Condemned was cryptic or something.