In the edge of suicide...

Originally posted by Misanthrope
This bunch of fucking morons will never get it, dont bother replying.

Maybe not so strongly, but I tend to agree with Misanthrope. I think suicide is a very difficult concept to grasp by those who "believe" they have a command of themselves.

How can one get onto the head of another, and fully understand why someone can feel so hopeless? It's way too complicated an issue to think there is a one-line response for the reason why someone would want to commit suicide.

It's easy for a therapist, friend, family member, etc. to tell someone so desperate that it will get better. In the end, that person has to dig inside, and find enough will to carry on, no matter how crappy they think things are.

I think many people deal with depression at some level, and many also may touch on SI. But those who live on have trained their coping mechanism to put different things in their life in perspective. They feel that no matter how lousy it gets, living is still a better solution.

But each person is an individual, and no two are alike. That's what makes dealing with suicide such a complicated issue.

Anyone who's not been suicidal outside teenage angst (ie slit my wrists crosswise etc) will not understand what can go through your head at that point. You stand at the tunnel exit, knowing that jumping there will leave you a bloody electrified corpse. You feel the wind of the train approaching and just think "what if?" and then "why not?". You think that if you do that that everything will go away, all the crap that you cannot cope with, kind of like the thing that's eating the inside of your head out and has turned your thougt processes into one big knot you can't untie no matter how hard you try. It takes a lot to push someone that far where there is very litle to cling on to and when everything has fallen apart.

When it happens, just find something to attach yourself to. SOmething good that you do enjoy and build yourself up with that as a base. Also see someone ifit's serious. If it has never gone away then it may be linked to depression.

There's always a way out, and strength of character comes from finding that way. Just tell yourself you are stronger and don't give up.

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
Anyone who's not been suicidal outside teenage angst (ie slit my wrists crosswise etc) will not understand what can go through your head at that point. You stand at the tunnel exit, knowing that jumping there will leave you a bloody electrified corpse. You feel the wind of the train approaching and just think "what if?" and then "why not?". You think that if you do that that everything will go away, all the crap that you cannot cope with, kind of like the thing that's eating the inside of your head out and has turned your thougt processes into one big knot you can't untie no matter how hard you try. It takes a lot to push someone that far where there is very litle to cling on to and when everything has fallen apart.

When it happens, just find something to attach yourself to. SOmething good that you do enjoy and build yourself up with that as a base. Also see someone ifit's serious. If it has never gone away then it may be linked to depression.

There's always a way out, and strength of character comes from finding that way. Just tell yourself you are stronger and don't give up.
Very well-said!

To the ones you are facing. Doesn't help others, though. And most of life's problems, at least when you are young, are of temporary nature...