Why Smart People Suicide

judas69 said:
Is there a purpose to life? Who knows, the whole thing is ambiguous if not depressingly obvious.

The function of philosophers is in part to answer this question, or more likely, how can there be a purpose to life?

In my opinion, philosophers aren't looking for Truth so much as they're looking for intellectual stimulation, creative dialog and maybe a little ego boost.

judas69 said:
In my opinion, philosophers aren't looking for Truth so much as they're looking for intellectual stimulation, creative dialog and maybe a little ego boost.

in some peoples opinion women like being raped.

If you're not a philosopher then I don't think you can rely on your opinion here any more than the rapist can there.

judas69 said:
I agree on all those, except for the ego boost. It's nice to have an ego boost every so often, but it's really not the first thing that I, nor many other philosophers are philosophers for.

For me, there's nothing better than being engaged in a deep conversation that truly stimulates my intelect. Having the oportunity to truly turn my brain on is an opportunity that comes very rarely.