IN THE WOODS - please give me info on this band....

where can one find mp3's? I've been wanting to hear them for quite some time now...

I've downloaded their cover of King Crimson's 'epitaph', which is very cool, and a song called 'beer'...? from the site that Dreamlord posted, but that's all the luck I've gotten from my searches...

In the Woods is a unique band to say the least! I've got Return to the Isle of Men, Three Times Seven on a Pilgrimage, and Strange in Stereo. Return to the Isle of Men is very primitive black metal in comparison to their doomier style in the latter two. The latter two are extremely necessary to find. Three Times Seven is a collection of rarities and covers. Other than these three, I cannot find anything else by them. If you can't find anything by In the Woods, buy some stuff by Green Carnation. They have a lot of the same line-up as In the Woods; in fact it was their first band, before becoming In the Woods, then changing back into Green Carnation. I don't know the whole story. It's confusing, I know! But Synne Soprano is in it and her vocals are amazing.

Reactions: Opet
IN THE WOODS, may the band rest in peace, is/was pure genius. The immortal album, "OMNIO", is, imo, in league with the classics "Turn Loose the Swans" by My Ding Bride; "My Arms" by Opeth and "Physical Grafitti" by Led Zep. It's that good.

Seriously, they are a band to check out. Sadly, they've broken up & never were on a good, supporting label when they were together.

You MUST find a copy of "OMNIO", then, if you're lucky, seek out the fantastic "3x7 on a Pilgrimage", and then "Strange in Stereo" (which IS strange, to put it kindly).

diospada said:
so they have 5 cd's in total?????????????

Yes. They released three full length albums- HEart of the Ages, Omnio, and Strange in Stereo.

Return to the Isle of Men is basically their demo put to disc. It is black metal with very harsh vocals.

3x7 on a Pilgrimmage is just a collection of three rare 7" that the band released throughout their career.

I clicked on the link, and it worked. :zombie:

Dreamlord said:
Yes. They released three full length albums- HEart of the Ages, Omnio, and Strange in Stereo.

Return to the Isle of Men is basically their demo put to disc. It is black metal with very harsh vocals.

3x7 on a Pilgrimmage is just a collection of three rare 7" that the band released throughout their career.

I clicked on the link, and it worked. :zombie:

this band is fucking amazing...

Dreamlord said:
http://prophecy-productions.de/prophecy_en/view.php?lang=en&num=14

For a newbie to the band, go in this order:

Omnio
Strange in Stereo
3x7 On a Pilgrimmage
HEart of the Ages (my favorite)
Return to the Isle of Men

:headbang: GREAT !!!

Also you can listen in this order :)

Omnio (My Favorite)
3x7 On a Pilgrimmage (some great covers, and try Karmakosmik, my favorite song)
Strange in Stereo
HEart of the Ages
Return to the Isle of Men

Now you should check Green Carnation two Albums!!! :devil: