In Tribute To The Upcoming Instrumental On Infected Nations

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
As there is going to be an 11 mins instrumental on the new album

This topic is basically going to be all about what is the longest instrumental track you have in your album collection and Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells doesn't count

I will kick off with

Anathema - Dreaming:The Romance

Taken from the album Serenades which comes to a playing time of 22mins and 12 seconds

Can anyone do better or even recommend a good instrumental that we should listen to

I don't have it but I think theres a technos song on 40 minutes or so... But techno sucks so, as I said, not in my possession.

Metallica - Death Magnetic - Suicide & Redemption

The early Metallica instrumentals are epic. Call Of Ktulu is my personal favourite. Also Sepultura's only song of the kind, Inquisition Symphony. Sepic.

Mastery's debut, Lethal Legacy is a must listen as is Jeff Loomis' Zero Order Phase.

As for longest instrumental, I would have said Tubular Bells but seeing as the threader foresaw this I will have to admit I don't have any over 10 minutes.

to be a good instrumental you need to not miss vocals AT ALL, metallica's achieve that brilliantly, but jeff loomis zero order phase.... christ. hes a very very very good guitarist and i love nevermore, but that instrumental album bored the piss into me. it sounds lost without warrells warblings, and sometimes its far too cheesy for it's own good.

and the instrumental on death magnetic is dreadful.

as said before, call of cthulu, orion, to live is to die. winners.

I wouldn't call "Suicide and Redemption" DREADFUL...... Thats a bit much! :lol:

Death - Voice of the Soul
3 minutes 42 seconds of EPIC

Ah you've been taken in by that one already Keenan. Doesn't take much does it. Fucking awesomely powerful song. My Mum likes it. Even after I told her who it was by haha.

Well Matt, the reason I love Nevermore so much is all Jeff's riffage. Yeah Warrel's a great singer, but it didn't take me long to not miss his vocals with Zero Order Phase. Well perhaps miss is the wrong word, I expected his vocals for the first few listens. But after that I didn't.

Here's one for Ol; Destruction - Thrash Attack. Nice thrash instrumental.

aaahhhh thats why you're ok with it then, for me i dig the combination of the riffage and voicage with nevermore, so with either missing for long periods of time i go meh.

and yes, suicide and redemption IS that dreadful.

to be a good instrumental you need to not miss vocals AT ALL, metallica's achieve that brilliantly, but jeff loomis zero order phase.... christ. hes a very very very good guitarist and i love nevermore, but that instrumental album bored the piss into me. it sounds lost without warrells warblings, and sometimes its far too cheesy for it's own good.

and the instrumental on death magnetic is dreadful.

as said before, call of cthulu, orion, to live is to die. winners.

I've got to disagree there. but to be fair, i heard zero order phase before i got into nevermore.

Ah you've been taken in by that one already Keenan. Doesn't take much does it. Fucking awesomely powerful song. My Mum likes it. Even after I told her who it was by haha.

Well Matt, the reason I love Nevermore so much is all Jeff's riffage. Yeah Warrel's a great singer, but it didn't take me long to not miss his vocals with Zero Order Phase. Well perhaps miss is the wrong word, I expected his vocals for the first few listens. But after that I didn't.

Here's one for Ol; Destruction - Thrash Attack. Nice thrash instrumental.

My Mum likes that one too! :lol:

aaahhhh thats why you're ok with it then, for me i dig the combination of the riffage and voicage with nevermore, so with either missing for long periods of time i go meh.

and yes, suicide and redemption IS that dreadful.

Yeah the pairing is undeniably great. But as I said I love Jeff's riffage and I can put up with not having Warrel come in. Jato Unit is the shit IMO.

Warrel's solo album was good aswell. Definately a vocalist's album though.

Suicide And Redemption was alright but I sometimes get lost in it and when I tune back in I think, "Hasn't this bit been on? Oh wait, it's still going."