In_Flames-The_Quiet_Place-Promo_CDS-2004-BiM

the intro of the quiet place is pretty cool...and then from there things get a little bit disturbing. i hate how they aren't using guitars in the verses really (bass + drums + synths sometimes), cept prechorus parts...a few flashes of good stuff, but overall nothing special. *sigh* anders voice is funny.

In Flames started using less guitars in the verses since like forever... let's go back in 1999, do you remember the album called Colony? And the song "Embody the invisible"? Get over it, this shit is getting old... People started whining since the release of Colony... It's been 5 fuckin' years and 4 albums including this one... Again I say get over it, there is some great music out there in the vein of old In Flames. If you don't appreciate In Flames' new sound, well that is your choice... If you want to flame them on the forum and whine, well again it is your choice, but come on it is getting old... GET OVER IT

I did hear a KoRn sound or two in one of the song, but nothing bad.
I did enjoy the three songs, actually.

Well said Commandante - this band needs fans not people constantly wanting something they will never deliver. It really is getting boring; this is fucking good music! Don't like it? Don't buy it and pretend they never made an album after TJR or Whoracle.

"Borders & Shading" lifts the main riff directly from the Passenger song "Carnival Diaries," and speeds it up. Listen to that song, and then Borders & Shading, if you don't believe me.

That said, Anders clean vocals are, as on Passenger, a marked improvement from their RTR days, although still not good by any stretch. I dig his shrieks nowadays, though.

The songs are, as has been said, growers. Touch of Red is my favorite by far. We're never getting another Colony or Whoracle - accept this, and either deal with it or stop listening to new In Flames songs. With that said, yeah, a small part of me was hoping to hear a killer, brutal death track in this promo. Either way - I enjoy the promo, eagerly anticipate the album, and will continue to see In Flames on every tour stop within 2 hours of my home.

Edit: "Watch Them Feed" brutalizes any track on this promo. That song is why I had higher hopes for the new record.

Wamsutta said:
"Borders & Shading" lifts the main riff directly from the Passenger song "Carnival Diaries," and speeds it up. Listen to that song, and then Borders & Shading, if you don't believe me.

Edit: "Watch Them Feed" brutalizes any track on this promo. That song is why I had higher hopes for the new record.
Thank you!!! I was trying to figure out which song it sounded like from Passenger, I would have to agree with you. I think the beginning of "Touch Of Red" also sounds like "Carnival Diaries". I like the 3 tracks, they are a bit different from older In Flames. If the new cd as a whole sounds like these songs I can see myself getting very bored of this cd quick. I definatly wont be buying the new cd. I don't know what place as far as genre to class In Flames now. In (dustrial) Flames? I don't know? The songs aren't bad, just not my style of music. "Touch of Red" chorus = "Black & White" chorus, just different lyrics.

commandante said:
People started whining since the release of Colony...
haha, so true man. I remember people flipping out about Ordinary Story like it was the end of the world. Then, before you knew it, it was the fan favourite (according to the poll on the website at least). Then the exact same thing happened with Pinball Map! In Flames fans are an unpredictable bunch.

Fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking FUCKING! That is the worst fucking shit ever, its hard for me to even say I like In Flames, always have to shove in "Old" part. They should just change there name to On Fire and let The Jester Race and Colony and what not rest in peace.

The problem with a lot of you metal heads is that you have absolutely no appreciation for emotion and feeling in music...if it's not super brutal or melodic in an obvious way, you bash it as if it's worthless....everybody is entitled to their own opinion, so cut down on the fucking negativity. It's fine if you say "Wow, I'm disappointed and I really don't like these songs in any way..." but when you say "These songs fucking suck! In Flames are terrible now...They don't play music that they did 10 years ago, so they obviously are sell-outs..."

How about you fucking hang yourselves.....Your arguments can never make sense. Even when you say "This isn't even metal - how dare they!?!", you don't make a single valid argument...

"The Quiet Place" has a shit load of feeling in it...mostly coming from Anders. Anders shows more emotion in these three songs than he has ever shown in anything he's ever recorded (and that includes old In Flames and Passenger...maybe with the exception of a few cuts off of Colony).

The fact is, In Flames are allowed to play whatever music they want, and they won't take non-constructive criticism from some shit-head with no appreciation for real music...

...and for the record, I worship The Jester Race album as well...

SunlapseVertigo said:
are you the same guy that said Opeth's "Bleak" sounds "way to nu-metallish" for them? because you're just as retarded.

anyways i am quite happy with what I'm hearing. but then again, i absolutely love RTR, why should anyone listen to a moron like me?

Actually I enjoy Opeth very, very much. They haven't turned themselves into shit like In Flames has. Get a reality check, they are done. Either Jesper kicks Anders and his gay vox out of the band, or they just keep sucking and hopefully die in a plane crash. Nuff said.

TJR is a thing of the past, I agree...

However, we need more IF songs like "Swim" or "Pinball Map."

What's with this Quiet Place shit?