Industrial metal

KMADD said:
Aborym, Bile, Die Krupps, Frontline Assembly (which one of their band members does
programming for Fear Factory), Red Harvest, Kidney Theives, Kevorkian Death Cycle
and so on although some of these bands are not metal they are extreme lyrically and
for industrial musically.

Front Line Assembly's only industrial metal release was Millenium, the rest were mostly ebm (electronic body music, synth pop infused industrial, dancy epic sort of stuff). Rhys Fulber did do programming for Fear Factory, but he was not always a member of FLA. Only from the early 90s, about 92 I believe, to about 96, and maybe he joined later again, I don't know, I stopped following them around 2001. Chris Peterson took his place from 1997's FLAvour of the Weak until the last one I got, Epitaph, which was like 2001 I believe, maybe 2002. But, then again, Devin Townsend played the live guitars on their most guitar oriented albums, Millenium and Hard Wired (the other SYL guitarist, Jed Simon did guitars for a while after Devin left), so there's another tie with the industrial metal scene. It should be noted that most of the guitars on Millenium are either sampled from Pantera and Metallica or played from their tabs.

LuminousAether said:
16volt are not pure industrial. They are coldwave, which basically means industrial rock. Industrial almost never has instruments in it, so if a band has guitar as a prominent part of their sound, they are NEVER an industrial band.
he hit it right there... you don't see a lot of discussion about industrial metal because ideals in the industrial community as well as the metal community differ enough so that in many cases it would be considered a compromise of a bands sound to include elements of the other

Well Im a bit weird cause not only do I dig metal but I listen to punk and Industrial
music. And I have friends here in Indpls that cover all three of those scenes. So
sometimes I jam to Bile, Razed In Black, Inertia, KMFDM and so on. Along with bands
like The Ramones, Misfits, Chaos UK, Exploited, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Religon
and so on. But mostly I listen to metal.

Power Electronics/Noise >>>>>>>>>>> "industrial" metal.

Although...Streetcleaner is seminal.

Although I am biased...seeing as how I do noise myself.

KMFDM
: Wumpscut :
Mortiis
Samael

Rammstein are alright but nothing compared to Wumpscut.