Industrial Metal

Sabin Frost

Doom makes me happy
Apr 21, 2007
South Australia, Australia
I thought I would start up a thread on this, its not a hugely appreciated sub-genre but there are some incredible bands waving the flag for it.

Starting with the obvious, I have stated many times Fear Factory as one of my favourite bands outside my love for Doom and Goth Rock. Raymond Herrera is an absolute android, he is one of the most precise drummers around, he sounds like a drum machine. During the Cazares era the two of them created an absolute mechanic man-machine lock-step. On the Concrete song of the said album Herrera opens fire with about 300 kicks in 17 seconds, shortly followed up with mexican grindcore styled vocals and riffs. While Fear Factory have gone downhill and many people see them as Cars, Soul of a New Machine and Concrete are two utterly brutal death/grind/industrial albums.

A short list of other bands I like, Thrashier ministry, Mnemic and Red Harvest pop to mind but there are lots of other great Industrial Metal bands outside of the more mainstream trash which can hardly be considered metal at all like The Deathstars, Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails and even Marilyon Manson, bands which no true metalhead should really accept as being metal.

Always liked Fear Factory but Digimortal and Transgression were pieces of shit.
As far as Mnemic...I used to love them then the new one came out w/ new singer (old singer of Scarve). Find his voice irritating. Seems they brought a metalcore edge to their industrial style. Every now and then Ill throw on The Audio Injected Soul.

The only industrial metal album that is 100% mandatory listening is Godflesh - Streetcleaner.

Yeah... Ministry's a little too monotonous and audio clip happy for me. "Bloodlines" is a fucking incredible song, though. I wonder if I'll ever hear any industrial metal song as cool as that one.

I gave the Revolting Cocks a listen last week - found them a bit more palatable than Ministry, though still exceedingly random and not-going-anywhere.

I'm not sure why everyone's hating on Rammstein so much. They've made some of the catchiest goddamn metal songs ever.