Industrial Metal

Sounded much more like rock than metal to me - I can draw MANY more conclusions to bands like Static-X and Slipknot than I can any metal band.

Note: you're not actually stating anything that makes Rammstein not metal. You're just comparing them to mainstream bands you don't like. The song "Sonne" consists of a distorted-as-fuck electric guitar chugging away menacing power chords, backed up by explosive drumming. I'm pretty sure that's metal.

Aren't Slipknot and Static-X metal anyway? :erk:

I like Rammstein. They write alot of great heavy songs...but they're not metal.

Metal-archives supports my claim.

edit: I really hope you are basing your opinion solely on their guitar tone. In doing so you'd have assume Marilyn Manson is metal because of his Antichrist Superstar album, which is heavy as hell (certain songs, not all).

Wow.

Heavy guitars don't equal metal. The bands songs are industrial rock, they have more in common with industrial rock bands like KMFDM than any industrial metal I've ever heard, and honestly I've loved industrial rock for a few years before I ever listened to any metal - so I'm fairly certain I'm right here.

Slipknot and Static-X are not metal.

Nu-metal is rock. Not metal.

I like Rammstein. They write alot of great heavy songs...but they're not metal.

Metal-archives supports my claim.

Wikipedia and All Music Guide support mine. And Metal Archives doesn't explicitly state that they're not metal, they just omits them because they're a bunch of elitists who hate mainstream metal.

Ok...you're a fucking idiot if you actually believe what Wikipedia has to say in regards to metal. Everyone knows this, where the hell have you been? Not to mention, your assumption that if they are mainstream metal, they aren't on Metal-Archives is false too. Motley Crue is on there. And the biggest mainstream metal band of all time is on there. METALLICA.

dear lord

honestly does it really bother you that much what some people consider to be metal? Who gives a fuck. That being said, i like some Rammstein. It's catchy as fuck

Wikipedia and All Music Guide support mine. And Metal Archives doesn't explicitly state that they're not metal, they just omits them because they're a bunch of elitists who hate mainstream metal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wikipedia lists TROLL METAL as a genre. They're unreliable. Allmusic has KAMELOT listed as Death Metal/ Black Metal - NOT RELIABLE.

M-A has plenty of metalcore bands on their site, they're not a bunch of elitists who hate mainstream metal.

Rammstein just isn't metal for fucks sake.

Wow.

Heavy guitars don't equal metal. The bands songs are industrial rock, they have more in common with industrial rock bands like KMFDM than any industrial metal I've ever heard, and honestly I've loved industrial rock for a few years before I ever listened to any metal - so I'm fairly certain I'm right here.

Slipknot and Static-X are not metal.

Nu-metal is rock. Not metal.

So, apparently adding industrial or alternative rock elements to the standard metal formula makes it non-metal. I see.

Yup, pretty pointless arguing with someone whose definition of metal equals "bands I think are cool".

I've got fucking references to back up what I'm saying anyway. Do you really think you're going to win this argument? :zombie:

So, apparently adding industrial or alternative rock elements to the standard metal formula makes it non-metal. I see.

Yup, pretty pointless arguing with someone whose definition of metal equals "bands I think are cool".

I've got fucking references to back up what I'm saying anyway. Do you really think you're going to win this argument? :zombie:

Yes, we already did a few posts back. You are just making us laugh now.

Ok...you're a fucking idiot if you actually believe what Wikipedia has to say in regards to metal. Everyone knows this, where the hell have you been? Not to mention, your assumption that if they are mainstream metal, they aren't on Metal-Archives is false too. Motley Crue is on there. And the biggest mainstream metal band of all time is on there. METALLICA.

dear lord

Quit being an immature prick and show me a reliable source of information where Rammstein is labeled "rock" instead of "metal".

edit: Just in case you weren't aware, you and Mort do not qualify as reliable sources of information.

I've been a listener of industrial rock (mind you pretty limited and not too far into it with Orgy, Deadsy, KMFDM, NIN, Swans, Kidneythieves, and Laibach, etc) for years kid - I'm fairly fuckin' certain that I know more about it than you do, so listen up hun - Rammstein has FAR more in common with actual industrial rock bands than ANY industrial metal I've ever heard.

It isn't about adding ANYTHING to a metal base, because lets face it - the base in Rammstein, Slipknot, Static-X have a ROCK base in which they add SMALL AMOUNTS of metal to. THey're not devoid of it - but they're not enough to be metal.

And your references are biased and confused as fuck. I'm not going to accept Wikipedia or Allmusic. As King said, we already won.

Quit being an immature prick and show me a reliable source of information where Rammstein is labeled "rock" instead of "metal".

edit: Just in case you weren't aware, you and Mort do not qualify as reliable sources of information.

I already did asshole, M-A doesn't have them on there. That's all the more proof you need.

edit: I suppose the bands own myspace labelling themselves as "industrial" without any reference to metal doesn't hurt either.

I've been a listener of industrial rock (mind you pretty limited and not too far into it with Orgy, Deadsy, KMFDM, NIN, Swans, Kidneythieves, and Laibach, etc) for years kid - I'm fairly fuckin' certain that I know more about it than you do, so listen up hun - Rammstein has FAR more in common with actual industrial rock bands than ANY industrial metal I've ever heard.

It isn't about adding ANYTHING to a metal base, because lets face it - the base in Rammstein, Slipknot, Static-X have a ROCK base in which they add SMALL AMOUNTS of metal to. THey're not devoid of it - but they're not enough to be metal.

And your references are biased and confused as fuck. I'm not going to accept Wikipedia or Allmusic. As King said, we already won.

That's convenient. Instead of accepting any kind of majority view, you're going to insist that your opinion about the definition of metal is more valid than the commonly held definition which already exists. Way to go.

what the bloody hell

look vihris wtfever

they arent saying they hate on rammstein theyre just saying that rammstein isnt metal.

which they aren't.

they cite Oomph! as one of their biggest influences and guess what... oomph! started as an electronica band and now does heavy rock.

NOT metal.

just let it go... let it go...

*edit* and for the record i too enjoy rammstein, with the exception of the last album. it makes me :erk:

Genres aren't opinion you fucking goon, the common man believes that Poison and Kiss were metal bands - but they fucking are not.