Favourite Drummer

Question: Am I the only one around here that listens to Fear Factory?
I like pretty much everything by them besides Transgression and Digimortal. Check out Dino Cazares new band (sorry cant remember the name but read it on blabbermouth and checked em out on myspace) sounds pretty solid.

Lombardo is one of the tightest drummers of all time so get off of planet screamo-slop and open your ears. Converge has to be the worst band of all time. Thats the truth.

Converge is better than a hell of a fuckin' lot of metal bands, no where near one of the worst bands of all time.

Caring and Killing and Jane Doe are fucking utterly fantastic. Ben Koller is an awesome drummer indeed, and those say otherwise need to stop being so biased against hardcore.

Converge is better than a hell of a fuckin' lot of metal bands, no where near one of the worst bands of all time.

Converge are terrible and their singer is annoying and sounds like a child.

.... better than majority of metal bands.

:lol:

Converge are fuckin' amazing - who cares about their vocalist? I hate it when people are unable to overlook vocalists in "extreme" metal and not focus on the music.

I am completely serious about Converge being better a whole fuckin' lot of metal bands. They know how to get down to business, kick ass, and leave the room feeling like a ten ton brick just hit them it in the face.

Question: Am I the only one around here that listens to Fear Factory?
Moment of Impact:kickass:
I must hear more stuff by them

Caring and Killing and Jane Doe are fucking utterly fantastic. Ben Koller is an awesome drummer indeed, and those say otherwise need to stop being so biased against hardcore.

Very true words.
I prefer metal to hardcore but your right about being biased to hardcore.
No Heroes is brilliant too.

Dave Lombardo has tight drums great tone great fills and loud drums. I think people like him so much is because he's traditional and extreme not in a sense of the genre just as himself. Dave is like like Bill Ward meets the drummers for maiden just in a more extreme band. How anyone could think some drummer from some crappy core band is a better drummer is beyond me.

Dave Lombardo has tight drums great tone great fills and loud drums. I think people like him so much is because he's traditional and extreme not in a sense of the genre just as himself. Dave is like like Bill Ward meets the drummers for maiden just in a more extreme band. How anyone could think some drummer from some crappy core band is a better drummer is beyond me.

Ben is as tight, has a better tone, better fills, and why the fuck does volume matter?

Ben > Dave
Converge > Slayer

Converge are fuckin' amazing - who cares about their vocalist? I hate it when people are unable to overlook vocalists in "extreme" metal and not focus on the music.

I am completely serious about Converge being better a whole fuckin' lot of metal bands. They know how to get down to business, kick ass, and leave the room feeling like a ten ton brick just hit them it in the face.

Agreed. I saw them live a couple of months ago and they were fucking awesome.

Ben is as tight, has a better tone, better fills, and why the fuck does volume matter?

Ben > Dave
Converge > Slayer

This is silly. You're comparing apples and oranges. Also Lombardo is a very important drummer in the history of heavy music. I'm sure Ben Koller is probably influenced by him to some degree.

you mean slayer put out 4 great ones?

No, Dave; he meant Slayer put out one good one. It's not that hard to fathom.

I never understood the whole Slayer-worship thing. Once you discover that there was actually an entire underground world of bands similar to but much more exciting and imaginative than Slayer, they seem to lose their credibility.

No, Dave; he meant Slayer put out one good one. It's not that hard to fathom.

I never understood the whole Slayer-worship thing. Once you discover that there was actually an entire underground world of bands similar to but much more exciting and imaginative than Slayer, they seem to lose their credibility.

well they never lost their credibility with me. South of heaven, reign in blood, show no mercy, hell awaits, and even to a lesser extent, seasons in the abyss, are all thrash excellence.

well they never lost their credibility with me. South of heaven, reign in blood, show no mercy, hell awaits, and even to a lesser extent, seasons in the abyss, are all thrash excellence.

In my humble opinion, none of those can compare to other thrash classics like Sabbat's Dreamweaver, Heathen's Victims of Deception, Possessed's Seven Churches, Megadeth's Rust In Peace...need I go on?