Favourite Drummer

If we're talking metal drummers then Bobby Jarzombeck (of Spastic ink) and Sein reinheart get my vote, Bobby especially as he's uber technical (up there with virgil donati, but I prefer bobby's style).

Roddy should get a mention too, he play's lots of different styles and is great at all of them, plus he has some wicked limb independence going on such us a controlling two bass pedals and two hat pedals at the same time, that's the kinda stuff that Thomas lang is known for.

Buddy rich is the greatest drummer ever though.

Steve Flynn
mike smith
Richard Christy
George Kollias (monster in terms of speed technicality and groove)
Bobby Jarzombeck
augury's drummer
pete sandoval
martin lopez

You have to give respect to louise bellson too, second only to buddy rich and he's considered the father of double bass. He's a pensioner and he's still an uber drummer!

Some other uber drummers:

Steve gadd
Jojo mayer
Mike Mangini
Joe morello

Uber alles

Mark Zonder (Fates Warning, Warlord)
Neil Peart (Rush)

From the rest, the first that come to my mind:

Kirk Arrington (Metal Church)
A.J. Pero (Twisted Sister, Cities)
Bobby Jarzombek

Not a big Black Metal fan are you?

As much as I like Satyricon Frost annoys me, he just blasts constantly and it drives me up the wall.

Interesting. I always thought Frost did not really focus on blasing or being fast and has great rythmn and style.

I gotta post in this thread if thats the last thing I do.
For me-
1.Inferno(Behemoth)
2.Proscriptor(Absu)-I love his work on Sphynx album of Melechesh.

And recently the forbidden drummer who played on the album "Twisted into form".Drumming on tittle song is awesome.

my top 5 is as :-

dave lombardo ( imo godfather of double-bass drumming there is none more talented for pure variety and skill ):kickass:
vinnie paul ( wanna meet u one day - R.I.P dime ):kickass:
charlie benante ( heard among the living and was fuckin blown away back in '88 ) u rule !!!!:kickass:
gene hoglan ( technichal superiority ):kickass:
nicko mc brian ( inspirational to me ):kickass:

next r :-
ingo schwitchenberg (hellowen) R.I.P.
dan zimmerman ( gamma ray)
uli kusch ( masterplan , helloween )
frost ( satyricon )
thomas nack( iron savior ) -technical superiority
peter criss ( solo on 100,00 years blew me away when i first heard it bout 79/80)
eric carr (maybe not metal but still major influence on me - R.I.P. )
eric singer ( like his solidity and variety )
thomas stauch ( 1st iron savior album )great work

worst dummers imo :-

lars ulrich ( has been )
peter criss ( ur performance on re-union tour was nothing short of fucking pathetic , a shadow of ur former self -my 3 year old can play harder and better )

Gene Hoglan

Honorable Mention

Dave Lombardo
Van Williams
Nicko McBrain
Les Binks
Horgh
Doc
Bill Ward

I don't know why everybody considers Buddy Rich to be the all time greatest drummer ever. Yes he's good, and I have a few of his CD's, but if we're talking about a comparison of technique here then sadly I'm going to have to say that Buddy can't hold a candle to guys like Virgil Donati. His polyrhythms alone can tear Buddy to shreads.

As for my choices:

Nick Bark
Hellhammer
George Kolias