Industrial Metal

captainobvious04.jpg

Maybe we are. o_O

Mindfuck.

Lol!

I was obsessed with the matrix in my early and mid teens. Looked exactly like Carrie Anne Moss. I did my hair exactly like hers. I gave that up, though, my hair is not made for that. More like afro hair, when it's cut shoulder length, it flares out about 6in from my skull.

Lol!

I was obsessed with the matrix in my early and mid teens. Looked exactly like Carrie Anne Moss. I did my hair exactly like hers. I gave that up, though, my hair is not made for that. More like afro hair, when it's cut shoulder length, it flares out about 6in from my skull.

I watched the first two but I didn't really know what was going on. This was a long time ago though. I was 9 when the first one came out and 13 when the other two were released.

Anyone heard Dead World -Collusion ?. Can't find mp3s

Apparently Collusion their first album is Industrial Death Metal so am guessing it's similiar to PitchShifter-industrial or maybe Fear Factory-soul of a new machine or something. The Machine also.

Fear Factory are originally a Death Metal/Grindcore band, not after Soul of A New Machine though.

I like Rammstein. They write alot of great heavy songs...but they're not metal.

Metal-archives supports my claim.

edit: I really hope you are basing your opinion solely on their guitar tone. In doing so you'd have assume Marilyn Manson is metal because of his Antichrist Superstar album, which is heavy as hell (certain songs, not all).

Not that this means anything and likewise acknowledged in this topic "WHO CARES WHAT GENRE THEY ARE". Let me just throw this out. According to alot of metal references Rammstein is metal. Regardless who cares if Encyclopedia Metallum doesn't list them. Just becuase they are not listed there doesn't mean they are aren't metal. Spirit-of-metal.com lists rammstein as industrial metal and taht archive is just as good. Come to think of it Wikipedia always has the best references backed up with history. Of course not all references are correct but Rammstein is pretty accurate. They are listed most specifically as "Neue Deutsche Härte" which is a form of industrial metal and "Tanz Metal" which is a form of dance metal.

I'm definitely a fan of Rammstein, but I've never considered them to be metal band. Their sound is clearly partial to industrial and electronics before anything else, and I don't think they even have many metal influences, perhaps aside from a few general metal bands. Either way, it's certainly not a bad thing!

Opinions are also partial to what a person listens to. Take for example, the band Deathstars. Often I see metalheads say "they're not metal, they're gothic or industrial" but ask someone who's into industrial, they say "they're not industrial, they're metal" and same as with someone into gothic music.

Agreed... Theres also metal heads that say Metallica isn't metal or Pantera isn't metal as well as Iron Maiden. Too much controversy over what band is or isn't metal. So like I said it doesn't really matter but theres references and support concerning the issue.

Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson are among my favourite bands. However, I also appreciate Ministry, KMFDM and Rammstein.

And I agree with TotalDeathXZero; the only deciding of whether the band is/isn't metal lies within the band itself. I do class Iron Maiden and Metallica metal; though Death Magnetic was a bit iffy.

Fear Factory and Strapping Young Lad are awesome. Static X isn't as good whatever the hell they are. not even considering their -core nu metal influence which sucks. anyways Strapping Young Lad FTW

Yes... that is totally true. Rammstein is debatable but do the research. I know it can be hard to believe for some of you. I have to deal with In Flames being Melodic Death Metal for christ sake.

The irrelevancy of the Rammenstein argument stems from the fact that they suck balls, therefore it doesn't matter what you categorize them as, unless you're into sucking balls yourself, or at least enjoy the sound of German Guys sucking balls.