Industrial?

Previously I forgot to mention Pitch Shifter, Die Krupps, Ministry, and Pig. I pretty much only like industrial that includes guitar; I can't get into industrial that completly lacks guitar, such as Front 242 or VNV Nation. Although I do like early Laibach.

Trent_Scorttner said:
How the hell can NIN be classed at pop rock?! so they're up on the same level as like Linkin Park n all that? Ministry are an amazing band and yes no matter wot genre NIN are they're amazing but its insulting to have them placed next to all these pop bands

NIN have Industrial influences in their sound, but you could hardly call them a straight Industrial band. As much as I love them, they unfortunately lean more towards the realm of Goth/Pop than Industrial.

I basically grew up in the coldwave scene.
Artists I really dig are:

Chemlab
Die Krupps
Diatribe
Pigface
Hate Dept
Numb
Iron Lung Corp
16 volt
Bile
Deathline International
Revolting Cocks
Birmingham 6
GGFH

Many good bands mentioned. Some other decent ones are

Apoptygma Berzerk
Razed in Black (Lots of cover songs and leaning a bit to the goth side)
MDFMK
Slick Idiot
Nitzer Ebb
Front Line Assembly (wasn't Devin Townsend in this?)
Violent Work of Art
Suicide Commando
Kidney Thieves
The Dust Brothers
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
Meat Beat Manifest

Stabbing Westward was pretty good too

Here's a few more suggestions for industrial metal type bands. I really dig Chainsaws and Children so thumbs up for that!

Cyanotic - www.cyanotic-online.com
Beauty - www.killfest.com
Contingence - www.contingenceonline.com
Red Harvest - www.redharvest.com
Celldweller - www.celldweller.com

A lof the bands that have been listed already are pretty good as well. And as a comment about the post right before mine. Devin Townsend played guitars on two Front Line Assembly cds... "Millenium" and "Hard Wired". Basically the only two FLA discs that contained significant guitars.

Dmoralize said:
Here's a few more suggestions for industrial metal type bands. I really dig Chainsaws and Children so thumbs up for that!

Cyanotic - www.cyanotic-online.com
Beauty - www.killfest.com
Contingence - www.contingenceonline.com
Red Harvest - www.redharvest.com
Celldweller - www.celldweller.com

A lof the bands that have been listed already are pretty good as well. And as a comment about the post right before mine. Devin Townsend played guitars on two Front Line Assembly cds... "Millenium" and "Hard Wired". Basically the only two FLA discs that contained significant guitars.

Thankyou! :)

I digged this thread out cause it´s my favourite metal subgenre and I also see the future of metal in this genre.
My recommend in industrial metal is: Dominion III.

union9 said:
NIN have Industrial influences in their sound, but you could hardly call them a straight Industrial band. As much as I love them, they unfortunately lean more towards the realm of Goth/Pop than Industrial.
NIN brough industrial to mainstream.
NIN and goth? OMG you´re not serious are you? Don´t judge the band by its fans ;)

NIN does blow...I hate them
As for industrial...I dont know if you want industrial metal or not but...oh well:
Tidfall (industrial black metal)
Fear Factory (Death metal, Industrial metal)

My Favs:
NIN (Someone saying they're not Industrial Metal is baffling)
Static X
Rob Zombie, White Zombie
Sameal (Eternal is a cool disc)

The metal elements of most of those bands are questionable... I doubt anyones questioning Industrial elements(though I would with the Zombie albums)... loud distortion doesn't make something metal... of course in regards to NIN it is worth pointing out how much of Pretty Hate Machine is plagiarized

Phrozenspite said:
The metal elements of most of those bands are questionable... I doubt anyones questioning Industrial elements(though I would with the Zombie albums)... loud distortion doesn't make something metal... of course in regards to NIN it is worth pointing out how much of Pretty Hate Machine is plagiarized
Okay, I agree that the Zombie stuff is not straight up Industrial, but it sure as hell fits in that Catergory.
Otherwise, they are all metal bands.