Inferno Festival

I'm not familiar with Oslo at all. I saw the advertisement on the Inferno site and it looked really cool (Official hotel, metal radio, long breakfast, etc). That's why I actually only considered that hotel. It seems to be around 999 NOK per night which means, for 5 nights, around 650 EUR for 2 people including breakfast. That seems quite reasonable..

Anyone who has other tips?

EDIT: Just saw you didn't ask me the question but the poster above me. Still, if anyone has tips of hotels which are recommended and near the Inferno Festival region, let me know!

Staying at the festival hotel is pretty cool if you like meeting other metalheads and artists. In the bar they play metal all day long and if you want you could say hello to some "celebrities".

I am also nervous about Arcturus cancelling. I'm gonna have to eat the price of two tickets to the ProgPower Festival ($279) because Arcturus cancelled and there is no one playing there I would travel across the country to go see.
I bought tickets and booked a room for the Inferno Festival but I'm holding out on buying an airplane ticket just in case.

Staying at the festival hotel is pretty cool if you like meeting other metalheads and artists. In the bar they play metal all day long and if you want you could say hello to some "celebrities".

Well.. it seems interesting.... i will think about that once again. :p

I'm looking at going. But it'd also be a trip around Norway, so if a band cancels or something, I think I will still have a fun time there.

Did anyone see Arcturus at the Southern Discomfort festival? If so, please share any details that you possibly can. :)

Since that show really did happen, I'm thinking more seriously about buying tickets to the Inferno festival. After looking at the 2011 line up, it's quite possible for Arcturus and Borknagar to be the only bands I'm even interested in, but that would be enough.

Did anyone see Arcturus at the Southern Discomfort festival? If so, please share any details that you possibly can. :)

Since that show really did happen, I'm thinking more seriously about buying tickets to the Inferno festival. After looking at the 2011 line up, it's quite possible for Arcturus and Borknagar to be the only bands I'm even interested in, but that would be enough.

Well, of course i wasnt there, I live in the other side of the world, but i found this on youtube!

By the way...i just received this today :p

TicketInferno.jpg

EDIT: More info...Agalloch was billed for the Inferno 2 weeks ago. It seems I will enjoy more than just Arcturus and Borknagar (I HOPE) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, of course i wasnt there, I live in the other side of the world, but i found this on youtube!
Very nice! Thanks for posting that. It's good to see that they actually were on stage. :) No Tore, I guess?

:) Maybe I shoudl just go ahead and get a concert ticket, and still hold of on the flight for a while. :)

After looking at the 2011 line up, it's quite possible for Arcturus and Borknagar to be the only bands I'm even interested in, but that would be enough.

You can't be serious since the before-mentioned Agalloch and Anaal Natrakh play there as well o_O

I'm really looking forward to visiting Oslo for the first time, those 4 bands would be enough already, but as usual there will be many more to come...

You can't be serious since the before-mentioned Agalloch and Anaal Natrakh play there as well o_O

I'm really looking forward to visiting Oslo for the first time, those 4 bands would be enough already, but as usual there will be many more to come...
Well, as I may have mentioned before, I'm generally not a fan of harsh vocals. I really do try, and if I were to attend I would definitely do my homework, check out the other bands in the line up, and see what I think. I would like to check out Agalloch, so there's a third. Anaal Natrakh isn't my cup of tea but I'll revisit.

Well, just to not let the forum die, I have a little update here.

I'm not familiar with Oslo at all. I saw the advertisement on the Inferno site and it looked really cool (Official hotel, metal radio, long breakfast, etc). That's why I actually only considered that hotel. It seems to be around 999 NOK per night which means, for 5 nights, around 650 EUR for 2 people including breakfast. That seems quite reasonable..

Anyone who has other tips?

EDIT: Just saw you didn't ask me the question but the poster above me. Still, if anyone has tips of hotels which are recommended and near the Inferno Festival region, let me know!

Finally 3 weeks ago I have booked the hotel and I decided the Official Hotel so, my Girl and I are ready.

Tickets, Flights and Room :D.
Now we just need to wait 4 long months!

Any other of you has decided to go there?

BTW, Bands announced so far:

Arcturus
Borknagar
Witchery
Anaal Nathrakh
Agalloch
Absu
Tsjuder
Church of Misery
Einherjer
Solstafir
Vesen

the line-up is outstanding so far. and many more good bands to come. ah, we should book our flights... and more important, reserve our ticket... anybody knows when it will probably be sold-out?

I don't think it has been sold out the times I've been there. I remember distinctly seeing tickets being sold in the hotel reception the first day of the festival at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nBVhXAPELM

TicketInferno.jpg

EDIT: More info...Agalloch was billed for the Inferno 2 weeks ago. It seems I will enjoy more than just Arcturus and Borknagar (I HOPE) :p

¡OHHHHHH QUE DICHOOOSOOOO!

Absu is still around? Wow.

Yeah they're, isn't that cool?

I don't think it has been sold out the times I've been there. I remember distinctly seeing tickets being sold in the hotel reception the first day of the festival at least.

This is great news, as I might be going but don't know for sure. If not I'll just ask Jens for a ticket haha.