Inferno Festival

Yep, you quite missed something ;)

I filmed Frostrite and the (dawn of the) end of Garm singing with Vintersorg. My gf erased the Colossus video by accident, d'oh!

Impressive gig by an impressive band. Outstanding setlist. Nothing from Epic and Universal though. I'll upload a setlist on setlist.fm once I have the time.
Arcturus were HIGHLY special too, the show itself wasn't that spectacular (except the fireworks). But good to focus more on the music itself. AND one guitarist was missing (Tore Moren) :eek:

Agalloch were perfect but too short at playing time and Solstafir played at John Dee which was fully packed with people. Too bad they had to play at the small hall (and a rather short set, too). Arcturus played for 90 minutes which came unexpected, but was of course highly appreciated. I think the Borks had a 70 minute set.

Witchery and Anaal Nathrakh were very cool too!

I filmed Frostrite and the (dawn of the) end of Garm singing with Vintersorg. My gf erased the Colossus video by accident, d'oh!

Impressive gig by an impressive band. Outstanding setlist. Nothing from Epic and Universal though. I'll upload a setlist on setlist.fm once I have the time.
Arcturus were HIGHLY special too, the show itself wasn't that spectacular (except the fireworks). But good to focus more on the music itself. AND one guitarist was missing (Tore Moren) :eek:

Agalloch were perfect but too short at playing time and Solstafir played at John Dee which was fully packed with people. Too bad they had to play at the small hall (and a rather short set, too). Arcturus played for 90 minutes which came unexpected, but was of course highly appreciated. I think the Borks had a 70 minute set.

I heard Cornelius played with Solstafir. Did he just play guitar instead of the vocalist or what?

Can you please hurry up and upload Frostrite and other songs you have? Thanks! :devil:

it's not the whole Frostrite song, but I'll do so soon. meanwhile, I managed to upload a setlist of the Borknagar gig :D not 100% correct though (possibly).

wtf, Cornelius played guitar with Solstafir? Not that it popped to my eyes, but I was completely wasted at that gig ^^
Solefald play at Inferno 2013 btw :) and this year in Kristiansand.

it's not the whole Frostrite song, but I'll do so soon. meanwhile, I managed to upload a setlist of the Borknagar gig :D not 100% correct though (possibly).

wtf, Cornelius played guitar with Solstafir? Not that it popped to my eyes, but I was completely wasted at that gig ^^

Cool. I wonder how Epochalypse sounded like. I would love to hear/see that one live.

How was Baard handling the drums of Dave?

he did an excellent job. just as expected.

Epochalypse had to struggle with a non-perfect sound at the beginning. in fact, it was a bit muddy and not "phat", but got way better during the gig. Next goal: seeing Borknagar once with a really good live sound ;)

say what?! :yow:

Why is it that with all these f*cking social media sites, it's actually HARDER to stay up to date on the latest news of my favorite bands? I miss the good old days when Cornelius regularly used the mailing list!

In any case... awesome! Of all bands, I think Solefald is the one I'm willing to travel up to Norway for.
Must decide soon... Work, family, girlfriend, I hate making decisions!

he did an excellent job. just as expected.

Epochalypse had to struggle with a non-perfect sound at the beginning. in fact, it was a bit muddy and not "phat", but got way better during the gig. Next goal: seeing Borknagar once with a really good live sound ;)

Did Vortex took over leads for TAC and Q songs? I guess Vintersorg kept doing the grims and Simen the cleans?

Please upload the Frostrite excerpt!! I wish they did 'In a Deeper World' tho.

SOLEFALD LIVE! I knew it thru the Cornelius Fb! it's insane!!!

Did Vortex took over leads for TAC and Q songs? I guess Vintersorg kept doing the grims and Simen the cleans?
Exactly like that.
But Vortex' grim vox on Arcturus songs were quite frightening (in a positive way) too :D

I saw yesterday that my Frostrite snippet is not even 2 minutes long but I'm looking for uploading it this evening (CET)

Oh yes these shows were amazing! I had already seen Agalloch live (love this band!), but it was my 'first time' with Borknagar and Arcturus. WOW. I was in an indulgent mood for Borknagar, I know they rarely play live... But they were just great!
It was a fantastic experience to hear this music and these beautiful voices LIVE! Hard to describe how you feel when you attend a concert of one of your favorite bands ever, when you have thought for such a long time that this day would never come... :)
And I second Dany, the Borknagar members are very cool and friendly with the fans, that’s greatly appreciable too!
BTW, I must say that Darklorddany and his girlfriend are some of the nicest metalheads I've ever met! They saved the best seat of the venue for me on the last day, and managed to find me in the crowd, and offered me some noodles... Hehe, that was so cool, thanks again.
And yes, I hope to see you soon on FB, Dany ;)

Hi all! I have to echo those who have already said how amazing Borknagar and Arcturus were. Borknagar was great and I liked them more than I even thought I would. I thought it was a really good setlist too, even though I would have liked a couple more songs from Urd. I didn't think they'd play Frostrite and that was possibly the highlight of the set for me. I talked to Jens for a few minutes and he was very nice.

And Arcturus was just beyond anything I could have imagined. Maybe the best way to put it is that I feel changed after having seen them live. I wouldn't trade those 90 minutes for anything.

Hearing Simen's vocals live was quite an experience.

I also did a lot of sight seeing and really loved Oslo.

Thanks again to everyone who's been so nice to the black metal newbie on this forum. I wish I had posted here and tried to make plans to meet up with some others on the forum, but I'll have to admit that I was more than a little concerned that something would happen at the last minute and Arcturus wouldn't perform. Not very rational, but somehow I thought that it was better to just stay quiet about the whole trip. :)