Info regarding refunds of 3/27/04 tickets

I got this info from the management for those of you asking about refunds for the CANCELLED 3/27/04 show at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco, CA:

I have sent him written confirmation of the cancellation by Email and US Mail.

1 his fax # was out of service, so I could not fax it
2 his phone answering system was full, so I could not leave a message
3 he has not called me by return at all since March 5.

Trust me, the promoter knows that we have withdrawn from the date, and why, for the following reasons.

1 He never sent back a signed contract
2 He never sent us the agreed upon deposit
3 He never paid for the radio advertising, so no ads ever ran - we checked
4 He did not send in the ad or payment he said he would to the newspaper - we checked
5 He said he would flyer Exodus and Metallica but he did not - we checked

So, he did not sign the contract, send the deposit, or advertise the show.

It is all pretty clear to me, he did nothing he said he would, including the signing of the contract, which is no small issue. So, in reality, there never was a show. All he did was put it on-sale.

Sorry for the confusion. I will contact Ticket Master about the refunds.

I got my tickets today too, HOWEVER, great news TL and everyone, I just checked TicketBastards website and the show is CANCELLED. That means that everyone should get a full refund, hopefully.

The saYer said:
so when is the date that we can go back to the stores and get the money?

Why do people do this??

Here's a little tip for ya..in life as well as on the board...

Read the post above yours *again*, You know..the one you're responding to..and WOW..there is your answer!!!!!! Holy shit...and it was sooo darn simple!!

Common sense...a very vital key to survival in this crazy world:erk: if only more people had ito_O

Dead_Lioness said:
im so happy everyone is getting their money back...
as for that promoter.... GOD!
makes you so mad to hear that huh?

TL, is he a well-known guy in the area?
or is it the first time you've worked with him?
I was not familiar with this person until the Halford shows last year at the Avalon Ballroom. He's a young (32-ish?), hippie-type from what I've heard. Another thing I've read, "he's not an experienced promoter."

(A bit of trivia - the Avalon Ballroom is a historical place in San Francisco where Janis Joplin played her first show ever.)

well, im sure you have thought about it before me: but have you tried to ask around about him? maybe someone knows where he lives?
or maybe someone knows a nother phone number he uses?

this makes me so angry for you guys.
the bands nor the fans do not deserve that.

:/

I don't understand what you are getting at?

The Halford/Testament shows were booked by Halford's people. I don't book the shows, I just announce them here and on the site when I am asked to.

As the management stated above, they tried every way possible to get in touch with the promoter, but to no avail.

The purpose of this thread was to get direct answers for concerned fans. You can't get any more direct than from the management. If anyone is still having problems getting refunds, let me know and I can pass the message along. Other than that, Ticketmaster finally got on the ball and listed the show as being "cancelled."

Refunds for tickets should be made at the place of purchase!