Info Regarding Third Single

paradoxile

Den Sista Ljusbäraren
Jul 20, 2004
Israel
myspace.com
I remember the Kats saying in an interview about a "July" single somewhere in the beginning of 2007...

any info on that? release date? new songs? coverart?

If there were any unreleased songs left from this session they would have used it for the CD/5.1mix release I think. Code against the Code was specially recorded for the Deliberation single so not even this is from the TGCD session anymore. Or Peaceville holds the opportunity to re-release some Katatonia material in time where they use unreleased material to sell (more) copies.

Maybe they are concentrating on new material for a new album now. Btw, will the next album be the last one for Peaceville? I heard of a 5-record deal they signed with Peaceville and number 5 would be the next and last in line so far. (TD -> LFDGD -> VE -> TGCD -> new album -> ???)

july.thumbnail.jpg

"July has been chosen as the third single taken from The Great Cold Distance. Apart from the title track, the single will also feature a brand new/unreleased downhearted affair called Unfurl. There will also be an exclusive remix of Soil’s Song done by none other than Swedish artist Krister Linder - highly respected and admired for his work in Enter The Hunt, Dive and various soundtracks/projects. Additionally, a new video has once again been shot and directed by Charlie Granberg and will be included on the physical single. The release dates are February 26th for the digital download and March 26th for the cd single."

this made my day

good artwork but most of all I can't wait for unfurl

Aaaawwww *faints* :rolleyes:

"[...]downhearted affair called Unfurl [...]" < this really made me laugh "unfurl" sounds funny to me *g* ...

...aaand another video... couldn't be better! Now we can speculate if that's gonna be mire like "My Twin" with the band's appearance in it or more like "Deliberation" or just a live performance [I doubt that]... or with a real storyline but with the Katz instead of actors [would be interesting I guess] ... or ... any other ideas? :loco:

This band really knows how to keep the wolves' attention by throwing the flesh to them in little pieces... throughout a long time. ;) Exciting! =)

I'd rather prefer this new video to be a kick ass performance video..or a story including the band members would be interesting(but we all wish it would not be like Swallow The Sun's last vid:))But I think that it will be again a more animated one like Deliberation:(

Unfurl is downhearted? Sort of sounds like another Code ATCish thing to me. Thats cool. Hope this video can get some serious airplay!