Inglorious Basterds

It's not really supposed to be a comedy?
Has some very very dark, subtle comedy in there, but it's not really a comedy overall and if you watch it expecting it to be such, you're obviously gonna be dissapointed.

What kind of movie is it meant to be..? Its not really action, but there's a bit of gore. It's not really comedy but there are a few really dry jokes. It's not really a drama or anything else. Its just long drawn out, sort-of tense conversations.. I personally don't see the entertainment value in it ><

What kind of movie is it meant to be..? Its not really action, but there's a bit of gore. It's not really comedy but there are a few really dry jokes. It's not really a drama or anything else. Its just long drawn out, sort-of tense conversations.. I personally don't see the entertainment value in it ><

What Kaomao said is spot on imo. It's a Spaghetti Western set in France in World War 2 really.

Another thing I must say is, this is the first film from Taratino since Reservoir Dogs that I genuinely enjoy.
Everything else he did after that was just pretentious and tried way too hard to be arty and creative, so for ages and ages I assumed he would never direct a good film again, so I when I went to the cinema to see this (Inglourious), I was a bit skeptical and didn't think I'd like it at all.
I ended up being blown away by it.

Just saw this :D
BUUTT Goddamn it Tarentino, stop killing off the dames.

Other than this, I enjoyed it thru and thru, esp ol' Pitt, who's from my home town hehe =)

Agreed. My fav movie of 2009, just brilliant. I'm a huge QT fan.

Remember,

I'm not fighting in a fucking basement.

Another thing I must say is, this is the first film from Taratino since Reservoir Dogs that I genuinely enjoy.
Everything else he did after that was just pretentious and tried way too hard to be arty and creative, so for ages and ages I assumed he would never direct a good film again, so I when I went to the cinema to see this (Inglourious), I was a bit skeptical and didn't think I'd like it at all.
I ended up being blown away by it.

Might have to pop over to catch this dude :p

I'm a bit of a Tarantino fan boy, and I must say I was quite disappointed with Death Proof. That didn't get my hopes too high for this one, but it really turned out to be of the best films of the decade for me. Genius dialogue, visually stylish and entertaining as hell as one would expect from a Tarantino movie! :)