Injuries due to poor posture

WarHead

Handful of Nothing
Aug 27, 2001
Virginia
First off God damn it....I fucked up my left shoulder after a day of intense song writing....Im constantly changing and correcting my posture when it comes to fast tempo trem picking.....and some how I still manage to rip muscles...

Do you guys ever get injured or do you stretch out like a mother fucker before each jam session?

Also how the fuck am I screwing up my back before my forearms and wrist? It doesn't make sense to me.,.,.,.,...,.,.......titties...thats it.

-Chris:yell:

Wow, that's weird, isn't trem picking done almost only with the wrist??? When I do it, I use almost nothing but my wrist, so maybe Ill get carpel tunnel(?), but thats about it. Maybe you screwed up your back from headbanging, or because of how low you wear your guitar???

WarHead said:
First off God damn it....I fucked up my left shoulder after a day of intense song writing....Im constantly changing and correcting my posture when it comes to fast tempo trem picking.....and some how I still manage to rip muscles...

Do you guys ever get injured or do you stretch out like a mother fucker before each jam session?

Also how the fuck am I screwing up my back before my forearms and wrist? It doesn't make sense to me.,.,.,.,...,.,.......titties...thats it.

-Chris:yell:
no man, ya got it all wrong. Titties are the solution, not the problem

what hahaha, who knows what you’re doing man, sometimes my hand hurts and gets tensed up and I must stop playing to shake it off. One must alternate pick in order to regenerate the strengths in the arm...that’s what I do to keep tremelo picking at its maximum speed.

Other injuries I get is from my spiky guitar jabbing in my right leg, there are always welts on my leg from it, fucking guitar.. my hair gets stuck in my spike strap, and my neck hurts only if I don’t drink water or if i am sick. It is good to stretch out b4 a show because your leg will shake when most of your weight is on it, or maybe that’s me.

Yeah, I think I was tensing up my back when I switch from tremolo picking to hard palm muting.....All I have to do is stretch before practice and do pull ups afterwards to stretch my shoulders.....

I don't really have my strap low for my guitar.,.,.,wouldn't wanna pull a blink 182 at fuck up my spine.,..,..,

-and then there was warhead

i don't really play much guitar, but when i used to try and play the fucking fast tripplets on iced earth shit, my hand and shoulder would get really cramped. I figured out it was due to tensing up, so just relax and take a break every once in a while to shake it out. Actually, for me, when i relaxed, i found that it made my picking go faster because i wasnt trying to force my muscles to do something "unnatural".

theodyssey said:
i don't really play much guitar, but when i used to try and play the fucking fast tripplets on iced earth shit, my hand and shoulder would get really cramped. I figured out it was due to tensing up, so just relax and take a break every once in a while to shake it out. Actually, for me, when i relaxed, i found that it made my picking go faster because i wasnt trying to force my muscles to do something "unnatural".
relaxing is the only way u can pull out crazy shit
u think Yngwie Malmsteen is tensed when he does his solos?
fuck no
relaxing ur wrist increases ur volicity and ur endurance
thats why its great to learn alternate picking
down picking can really really fuck up ur arm and wear it out fast as
but i spose, if u really dig downpicking, ur arm will get used to it i.e. Kerry King/James Hetfield
but meh lol what do i know :loco:

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Wow, that's weird, isn't trem picking done almost only with the wrist??? When I do it, I use almost nothing but my wrist, so maybe Ill get carpel tunnel(?), but thats about it. Maybe you screwed up your back from headbanging, or because of how low you wear your guitar???

eh, i play bass and my bass is REALLY low... it hangs below my.... um... yeah...
and i still have absolutely no problems at all...

eh, just my 2 cents... i know guitar and bass are pretty differant, but, um, yeah...

HackedToPieces said:
eh, i playbass and my bas is REALLY low... it hands below my.... um... yeah...
and i still have absolutely no problems at all...

eh, just my 2 cents... i know guitar and bass are pretty differant, but, um, yeah...

u mean below your crotch lol? :tickled:

Try using only your wrist. It is also better to have your guitar high up, so you don't have to bend your hands around the neck too much. Of course, this doesn't look very cool. Especially not when you are 6"2, 220 ponds and have huge hands, like me. Therefore, I choose pain.