Innocence is no excuse Re-issue

midnightrider

Sep 19, 2004
Just in case anyone did'nt know.Innocence is no excuse is being re-released on May 2nd i think.With 2 bonus tracks,Just let me rock,and Do it all for you.How about re-releasing Rock the nations Too.Its as scarce as rocking horse shit on cd,and my vinyl version has had it. :headbang:

MidnightRider - Thanks for this news! Can you provide a link or something to where you got the news from or where this re-issue can be purchased?
I'm asking because I'm wondering whether this is the 'Innocence' version that various Saxon members have spoken about - apparently less polished and commercial than the previous version, and more something that the band actually wanted released initially.
If this re-issue is not that, I don't see the point of actually re-releasing it before some of the more earlier material.
Regarding the problems of finding 'Nations' - it's weird, isn't it: although it is not the best Saxon album about, I'd have thought the presence of Elton John would've shifted a few more copies and, therefore, more CDs would have been pressed as time went by. Especially as that Elton bloke has had about 10 career revivals since! I bet there are some of old Reginald Dwight's fans out there that are completely oblivious to his contribution on 'Nations', yet I'm sure Saxon could exploit the situation! Ok, 'Party 'Till You Puke' was just filler material, but 'Northern Lady' is a classic, and The Great Gap-Toothed Wig Wearer definately added to it!

nightwar said:
MidnightRider - Thanks for this news! Can you provide a link or something to where you got the news from or where this re-issue can be purchased?
I'm asking because I'm wondering whether this is the 'Innocence' version that various Saxon members have spoken about - apparently less polished and commercial than the previous version, and more something that the band actually wanted released initially.
If this re-issue is not that, I don't see the point of actually re-releasing it before some of the more earlier material.
Regarding the problems of finding 'Nations' - it's weird, isn't it: although it is not the best Saxon album about, I'd have thought the presence of Elton John would've shifted a few more copies and, therefore, more CDs would have been pressed as time went by. Especially as that Elton bloke has had about 10 career revivals since! I bet there are some of old Reginald Dwight's fans out there that are completely oblivious to his contribution on 'Nations', yet I'm sure Saxon could exploit the situation! Ok, 'Party 'Till You Puke' was just filler material, but 'Northern Lady' is a classic, and The Great Gap-Toothed Wig Wearer definately added to it!
Hi,You can pre-order it from www.play.com for £10.99 (postage free)I think this is the original Innocence + 2 bonus live tacks.Also check out the Saxon dvd's they have 2.One for £4.99 and one for £5.99 Bargain! :headbang:

I`m sure Paxoman has every repect for Paul Quinn, i can see why he could not resist putting that line in.

Thats great news and good info! Does anyone know if the CD will be remastered in anyway???

valanx said:
Thats great news and good info! Does anyone know if the CD will be remastered in anyway???
The cd is released on the french axe killer label,who also done Crusader with bonus tracks.They dont say remastered,but the sound is good and the packaging is cool too. :headbang:

Thats good enough for me! Cheers Midnightrider <-- wish id thought of that name btw

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I'm probably alone in thinking that Rock the Kuwations shouln't be re-released, dont like that album too much, but I does contain the most radio friendly track Saxon ever released... (Waiting For The Night)

Not a good album, and in reference to Northern Lady I much prefer the live version of Rock and Roll Gypsies (did I spell that right 'cos I've been drinking...)

Paxoman said:
I sure do Saxonized.

Whatever happened to the Alternative innocence album that was going to be released? It never was and seems like it is not going to be now.

Alternative Innocence? Whats this paxo?? Tell me more mate?

Valanx - The 'Innocence is no excuse' album was meant to be re-released, but with the songs sounding how they were originally written, ie a lot more heavier. There were also meant to be some unreleased songs included too. The album had a release date, but it never got released and....................?

Paxoman said:
Valanx - The 'Innocence is no excuse' album was meant to be re-released, but with the songs sounding how they were originally written, ie a lot more heavier. There were also meant to be some unreleased songs included too. The album had a release date, but it never got released and....................?
Apparently Graham Oliver had these recordings,so i dont know he was prevented from releasing it by Biff and the boys.Does anybody know the truth out there! :erk:

Thanks for the news, Midnight - where did you get the info from?

I also read that G. Oliver had these recordings for 'Innocence'.

To be honest, I really like the original 'Innocence' album - it does suffer from that '80s curse of production sound, but the songs themselves are brilliant!

It would be great to hear a recording of the material in the way the band actually played them, though!

I've heard of this 'Innocence' recording for ages now, and have started to fear it was just a myth! It would be good to know if it actually exists or not!