Insane and/or evil music

Vegard Pompey

ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU
Feb 26, 2008
Duwang
Some suitable soundtrack to my era of villainy. I'll let you define what's insane or evil.

I'm aware that a lot of black and death metal could be considered evil, and that a lot of tech/prog acts could be considered insane, but please, something out of the ordinary. Also, it's more important that the music itself sounds evil or insane than that the lyrics do.

And one more thing; I don't give a damn about "evil riffs", I never find them to be as evil as people say they are and I don't care much for music centered around riffs anyway. Rather something that emits an evil atmosphere.

EDIT: Then again you might want something that doesn't sound like a huge mess:

Very eerie dark ambient.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already heard Beherit, and I love it. So you're on the right track.

EDIT: I'm not interested in ambient music much. Doesn't work in a noisy environment so I rarely listen to it. The second vid does sound interesting though, moreso than most dark ambient I've heard, so I may look into it.

It's not quite what I'm looking for... I dunno really, I never considered Gorguts out of the ordinary though I need to listen to them more.

I like Meshuggah to a certain extent, but there's too much boring chug-chug between the insanity.

I'll agree but that's a pretty crazy rhythm to keep for that long, anyway, I thought of something:

EDIT: Actually that doesn't quite fit the bill but you might like it who knows.

Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary, sounds like mostly any other techdeath. It's not bad but I'm not looking for techdeath, I'm looking for insane and/or evil music.

Gigantic Brain.

The Invasion discography can't be cescribed as anything other than insane. I've always felt a very sinister edge as well.

The upcoming release I've been informed is a significant step away from metal, expanding on the ambient elements of the fist release, though still incorporating similar cybergrind elements to The Invasion Discography, just far less frequently.

Unlike any other band you'll hear imo, even other cybergrind artists:

http://www.myspace.com/robotgorgon

I like Meshuggah to a certain extent, but there's too much boring chug-chug between the insanity.
Meshuggah is the farthest thing from evil. Boring chug chug is Meshuggahs trademark unfortunately. They need to take a different route.

1349 have written some pretty evil stuff, you've probably heard them already tho'.

Bishop of Hexen

They sound like a demented carnival from hell. Unfortunately I couldn't get just this song, so you'll have to endure clips from IT.

I thought of Endstille / Unquintessence / Blut Aus Nord first but no idea what you want really.

Try Rotting Christ-"Kronos". I just rec'd em on another thread but it's very dark, great atmosphere. The songs "When The Candle Fades", "Apocalypse", "The 4th Dimension", and "Elastic Inverted Visions" from Hypocrisy.