Insane guitar tracking experience

Haha ok so it's not as rare as I may have thought, but still, impressive... and the album itself is going to kick major arse. I always love working with experienced, well entrenched bands. Totally different ball game to building up and comers.

Man that's messed up, I've only ended up in that situation when I've been hyper-editing something. I hope more of these sort of projects come your way dude, you deserve it.

Happened to me on more than one occasion. For me the solution was to stop tracking my subsequent rhythm tracks with the original guitar track and focus on playing to the drums only. Kept it as tight as usual but also prevented me from locking into the other guitar tracks too closely

bit of an offtopic, but are you sure about using NickCrow? it's a pretty dated plugin now.

Curious as to how much cancels if you flip the phase.

Using two different tones/amp/guitars would probably make being this tight sound great, wouldn't it?

I've been noticing this more recently when editing shitty takes to line up with each other. It makes me want to switch guitars for the 2nd track. i've experimented with switching amps, but it breaks the illusion of having one huge and wide guitar track. I think switching to another guitar would improve the stereo spread a bit.

Ermz, I know I have not been around lately, but when the hell did you start using Cubase 6????? I thought you were a Pro Tools guy.

i've had it happen once with a really good bass player.

he (ironically) had fucked up a part, and he was playing along with his old take, punched him in just before his mistake, and when i went to edit them together, near identical wave form. i was impressed.

Do you think it sounds/feels better than TSE X-50? Because Onqel's plug is pretty much the real deal to me. Nick Crow sounds very large, but kinda crude in comparison.

Never tried X-50, wasn't aware it left 'beta'.

Revalver's model was almost identical to the real deal. Did a test with Bernhard, many years ago, with him matching the preamp section of my 6505 with their model, and it was about 95% identical.