[Very long post] Please help me determine what I like about metal!

I stopped receiving email notifications for responses. I decide to randomly check the forum and lo! This forum is spoiling me.

The funny thing is I think Swampsong is nothing special apart from that track, but I had a feeling it could work for you. Glad I was of help :)

I actually checked out Swamplord and i loved it as well. Didn't like For The Revolution as much, and They Will Return is alright. Now I need to check Black Waltz.

:lol: you picked like the weakest Blind Guardian song man haha

This remastered version equals the best BG song

I agree. This song and a few others from the same album were absolutely epic, the one posted before wasn't bad, but not as good.

Oh I read your post over..

Therion for sure for symphonic..

Summoning

Lunar Aurora

Bal-Sagoth

Sear Bliss

Caladan Brood

I really liked the Amorphis one on your previous post. Most of the rest were rather slow for my taste though. I really likked the Opeth one though :D

Reactions: RedStorm
I actually checked out Swamplord and i loved it as well. Didn't like For The Revolution as much, and They Will Return is alright. Now I need to check Black Waltz.

I agree. This song and a few others from the same album were absolutely epic, the one posted before wasn't bad, but not as good.

The Black Waltz is the only Kalmah album you need it's their pinnacle if you ask me every song is fucking amazing absolutely no filler.

And Blind Guardian check out the "Follow the Blind", "Imaginations From the Other Side", "Tales From the Twilight World" and "Somewhere Far Beyond"

Those 4 right there are the essential BG albums. You could put Battalions of Fear in there also, but I was never really fond of that album In my honest opinion.

Edit: Ok what am i saying Battalions of Fear is fucking awesome. I forgot how good this was lol... Just haven't listened to it in ages.

Not from Battalions of Fear but

Probably one of my favorite instrumentals ever, even though it's only a minute and 24 seconds long. lol

Last edited:
[Update] Thanks so much to @RedStorm for introducing me to Whispered. I love those guys to death (metal)
Also, thanks to @Systematic Riffage, Ensiferum, Insomnium and Wintersun are way up there. I've also discovered, through them, Eluveitie (which I love), Equilibrium, and a few other bands.
And last but not least, thanks to @Luoto , Kalmah is freaking awesome (Still like Swampsong and Swamplord better than The Black Waltz)

Reactions: RedStorm