Insision 'Revealed...' reviews

Dan T

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
Some early words on the Insision album 'Revealed and Worshipped' due out June 19, including a preview of the Kerrang! UK review, the magazine will also do a two page feature on the band, which is kinda cool seeing as they don't normally give a rats ass about Death Metal

http://www.metalreview.com/albums/default.aspx?album=1000

Kerrang! review excerpt: (in print issue July 10)

"Don‚t be fooled by the 'Swedish death metal' tag, 'Revealed and Worshipped'‚ doesn't contain so much as a sniff of the ear-friendly hooks or hummable melodies associated with countrymen such as In Flames or Soilwork.
This is the sound of something truly emotional and spiritual being
forcibly wrenched from a band of eccentric characters, and channelled
through the medium of ferociously extreme music.
Nasum bloke Mieszko Talarczyk's gloriously rough production job gives every sound a harsh, abrasive edge that could strip paint, a welcome breath of fetid air in these times of Pro-tooled studio trickery, and fits the manic music perfectly.

Mad, yet utterly compelling nonetheless."

An excerpt from the upcoming Metal Hammer UK review, 8/10

It's sickeningly entertaining stuff, and as such can hold its head high
as the death metal album of the year so far, alongside Dismember's
'Where Ironcrosses Grow'. Whether the old guard can learn from new-breed
albums such as this is a moot point, but my instincts tell me that it's
unlikely. In which case, it's their loss: Insision and their colleagues
are the sound of the future of death metal. It's time to wake up.

Charts... The TOP 10 DEATH METAL CHART
Most DL and Wanted Songs/artist on http://www.audiostreet.net
Now/yestr
01 01"Embalmed Alive" by Embalmed
02 03"Imminent Vision" by INSISION
03 11"My Fever" by INSISION
04 04"Zombie Ritual (COVER OF DEATH)" by INSISION
05 02"Human Jigsaw" by Embalmed
06 17"Inside The Mirror" by Narkan
0707"THE BLOOD BOILING" by IRA
08 19"Narcan 30-60" by Narkan
09 08"Vast Lands Of Abomination (Rough mix)" by Nervecell
10 45"DOOM" by IRA

Also insision charts as nr 14, 24 and 28 on the whole Metal charst (All Genras)​

INSISION Advancing to #7 of ALL metal downloads...

01 "Right Side of the Bed" by Atreyu
02 "Descending" by Scars of Life
03 "Lemon" by Scars of Life
04 "Away From Me" by Scars of Life
05 "Pool of Fears" by Scars of Life
06 "Water In My Hands" by Scars of Life
07 "Imminent Vision" by INSISION
08 "...And Justice For All Cover" by Jessie Graybeal
09 "A Crushed Reality" by Marglasduk
10 "Nothing Left" by Scars of Life

...and dominating the Death Metal downloads...

01 "Imminent Vision" by INSISION
02 "My Fever" by INSISION
03 "Zombie Ritual (COVER OF DEATH)" by INSISION
04 "From Now" by Bound By Flesh
05 "Inside The Mirror" by Narkan
06 "Embalmed Alive" by Embalmed
07 "Human Jigsaw" by Embalmed
08 "Narcan 30-60" by Narkan
09 "I Am Nothing" by Death Device
10 "DOOM" by IRA

“Stockholm’s Insision has remained as relentless and devastating as they were on their debut full-length for Wicked World titled ‘Beneath The Folds Of Flesh’. This second release ‘Revealed And Worshipped’ picks up where ‘Beneath The Folds...’ finished, continuing an absolute onslaught of raw technical great ol’ death metal. The immediate noticeable difference between this new release and the last is the more defined production, with a far more intense and brutal sound. And also noticeable is a slight change in song structures and style, once again leaning more towards a far more brutal, mature and darker sound while still maintaining the distinct sound of traditional death metal. Track 1 “No Belief” is evidence of all the above from the first verse. A classic death riff with blast beats; blinding bass and a huge scream to start things off, not long before getting stuck into what Insision are now being recognized for after years of being contained to the depths of the Swedish underground, and that is their no nonsense approach to what it is they do. The dominating aspect of the release is the constant barrage of technical guitar work, weather it be during the many great death riffs or the melodies played over the top of them as well as brilliant technical drumming from slight off beats to choking cymbals when you least expect it. Track 3 “We Did Not Come To Heal” has an awesome first verse with the slightest melodic lick and devastating drumming. Once the vocals come in, the melodics take a back seat and the sheer ferocity of this band is displayed. Mid way through this track a sludgy riff not unlike Morbid Angel sounds pretty damn good and reminiscent of some classic death metal. Amongst the entire eleven tracks, there is not a single fault and picking standout tracks is useless as all of them are awesome. As I said earlier, for far too long this band was confined to the greater depths of death metal underground... that was until their impressive debut ‘Beneath The Folds Of Flesh’ was released a couple of years back. Now with the release of ‘Revealed And Worshipped’ Insision are intent on leaving that pit they emerged fourth from a long, long way behind em’. - In The Meantime zine :headbang: