Inspiring videos

Erlend_

May 9, 2009
Norway
Im sure many of you guys here have seen a video, dvd, tvshow or whatever that has really inspired you to write music.
Im talking about that instant inspiration that gives you a sudden flow of creativity and you can sometimes write a song in just a few minutes.

Yesterday I was watching the Mountains episode on the Planet Earth dvd.
There was a section about the snow leopard and it moved me in a very strange way. I just had to pick up a guitar and I knocked out a song in very little time. I feel I came up with riffs I could never have come up with otherwise.
The creativity didnt last very long and I cannot get back into that mindset by watching it again. Unfortunately.

If you have similar stories I would love to hear them. Creativity is a truely fascinating thing and Im always amazed at what can trigger your most creative moments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my good god David Attenborough's voice cracks me up and makes me so happy every time I hear it :lol: But yeah dude, I absolutely love animals and can totally relate to the inspiration and beauty you found in them; the music, too, really adds to it. Have you ever seen March of the Penguins? That's another great one, though it is a tad long (not bad though) and the music is great in that one too. As for inspiration, honestly, as far as inspiration for the actual music I end up writing it's pretty much only other kinds of music that can do it - but as for the more abstract things, often movies/tv shows/life stories inspire me to get off my lazy ass and fulfill my musical potential by cranking out some riffs, though that's more of a general motivation thing