Instantly skipped tracks?

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
I was just listening to Porcupine Tree's Deadwing when I noticed that I--almost unconciously--skip Lazarus every time.

What otherwise great albums have songs that you just skip instinctively?

Porcupine Tree/Deadwing - Lazarus (I cannot stand this song)
Porcupine Tree/Recordings - Access Denied
Dream Theater/Awake - Lifting Shadows off a Dream
King Crimson/Red - Providence (not all the time, but it keeps me far too long from Starless
s6.gif
)
Testament/The New Order - Nobodys Fault
Nevermore/Politics of Ecstacy - Passenger (possibly my #1 most skipped song ever, I barely think of it as a Nevermore song I skip it so much
s3.gif
)

VERY interesting you posted this, since i'm listening to Deadwing right now. One of my favorite records from 2005.

And you skip Lazarus? What the hell, dude? That song basically transcends beautiful and into an aura beyond it. Probably the most peaceful/beautiful song i've ever heard. It's gonna be on a mix cd i'm making with other songs of that nature, and i'm gonna go walking at 2-3am with the cd playing in my headphones. :loco:

Lazarus sucks.

"....follow me down, while I caress my vagina..."

And Porcupine Tree is one of my favorite bands out there, so a song of theirs has really got to be lame for me to label it bad. Lazarus is pure vagina rock.

I thought of another track I always skip....

The Beatles/Abbey Road - Octopus's Garden (probably my single favorite album of all time.... if not for Ringo's "hey guys, I got a song too", though the arrangement is probably as good as it could have possibly been)

Brooks said:
Lazarus sucks.

"....follow me down, while I caress my vagina..."

And Porcupine Tree is one of my favorite bands out there, so a song of theirs has really got to be lame for me to label it bad. Lazarus is pure vagina rock.

Opinions are opinions, i guess. :cool:

Nice thread...

Some cds have very sucky filler material like the following:

Annihilator - All For You: Holding On
Judas Priest - British Steel: United
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark: The Apparition, Weekend Warrior
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusions II: My World
Manowar - Warriors Of The World: Nasum Dorma
Helloween - Master of The Rings: Take me Home