Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Hard to explain ... just go buy it because it's awesome :headbang: Some great songs on it - "Lazarus" is my personal fave at the moment ...

I personally think it's a great album - I love it more than In Absentia. It's unfair to say it's not as good as 'The Sky Moves Sideways' & their earlier work - of course, it's completely different from that. But, yes - definitely worth buying. 8/10.

wow, totally forgot about this band. thanks for the reminder. i loved the 2002 release. ill have to check this one out as well. good to hear about a side project, too. most of what im listening to know are side-projects. so many bands are into that.

out.

Listen to Blackest Eyes (Album Version) by Porcupine Tree : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/12198048

I never gave Porcupine Tree a chance until Steve Wilson started working with Opeth, then my curiousity got the best of me and I bought Deadwing. I love this album. Yes, there are some "radio hit" style songs on there, but overall the album is very fluid and I tend to listen to the whole CD when I pop it in. Now I'm going to pick up In Abstentia and Stupid Dream as soon as possible. A must have for any CD collection.

9/10 I would have to say that the mellow tracks outweigh the heavy tracks and that some of the tracks such as Arriving Somewhere and Lazarus are just not heavy enough, but they still are good songs, I just wish that there had been more heavy stuff on the album.

Porcupine Tree is a brilliant band and this album, Deadwing, proves it.
Great songs on it as my favourites are Lazarus, Glass arm shattering and Arriving somewhere but not here. I have most of their albums except for In absentia, that i still haven't heard yet. I live in Portugal and it's hard to get this kind of stuff, nevertheless i try to find them. As for Porcupine Tree i love all their albums, hope to get In absentia that is probably another great album.
Heard Anathema the other day, they seem a very good band too, although their earlier stuff is very different from the new stuff. I prefer their new sound that is similar to Porcupine Tree.:)

Awesome album!
In fact the first i heard of porcupine tree.. but still my favourite.
Deadwing or Arriving Somewhere but not Here are easily the best tracks in my opinion, but every song on the album has something going for it

anyone heard the new album yet?