Porcupine Tree

all_sins_undone

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2005
hey.......i was lisening to porcupine...!!!!!... and i think that deadwing is better.... than in absentia!!!!!!!!! wt do you think lol........!!! PEAC EOUT

Excellent albums,but IMO I like "In Absentia" a little better seems to be more diversified. "Deadwing" is superb as well. Porcupine Tree are one of the best bands working today. Try "Sky moves Sideways" remaster and "Signify." Earlier PT, but excellent. Pure "Sonic" oxycontin.

Liquid Diamonds said:
I love both albums, but Deadwing > In Absentia IMO.

Only really because I think it's more consistant. But what do I know, I like Strip The Sould, which everybody else seems to loathe...

I love Strip the Soul, it's a great song.

ironbeard said:
Excellent albums,but IMO I like "In Absentia" a little better seems to be more diversified. "Deadwing" is superb as well. Porcupine Tree are one of the best bands working today. Try "Sky moves Sideways" remaster and "Signify." Earlier PT, but excellent. Pure "Sonic" oxycontin.

yeah, I should really read all the posts before posting my own.

I totally agree with what Ironbeard said...

I still can't really get into Deadwing besides a few songs. Compared to IA, there's nothing as pretty as "collapse the light into earth" or "heart attack in a layby", or "trains". There's nothing as dark as Gravity Eyelids. In fact, i'm just not so sure what Deadwing does better. It's my least favorite P-Tree album since signify.

Shallow, Lazarus - bad songs
Glass Arm Shattering - good song
all others - fucking awesome

IA has also some great songs (Trains, Muzak, Heartattack, Strip, Drown, ...) but compared with Deadwing they aren't so intensive.

Shallow is the only mediocre song. DW is much more consistently good than IA. IA may be more varied, but I think there are too many misses on that album for it to be put in the same league as SD, LS and DW.

yeah DW>IA in my opinion. I love in absentia though.
and shallow and lazarus are some of my favorites, so fuck you!

DW and IA are practically equal in quality, but my personal preference is toward IA. Every album since Signify has pretty much been 100% amazing though and it's hard to pick one over the others.

^Yes.

I find that I can listen to every song on deadwing without skipping, but I can't with IA, I have to be in the right mood to go through all the songs....

Are many people here into early PT? Coz it's rather different!!!

Have a listen to The sky moves sideways... great stuff