Instrumentalists

I play 7(cool!) and 6 strings guitar for 8-9 years, and some bass, and basic clasic and functional Piano(some lieds of bach or some Microcosmos of bartok, etc.), and drums but not like Pete Comando :loco: hehehehe :Spin: :tickled:

petrucci_dude said:
I really want to learn to sing like Englund. It's gunna take some time :(

Man... nobody, period, no question, nada, zip... can sing like Tom Englund, and nobody ever will be able to, without some, like, futuristic surgical procedure.

"I am Tom-in-ated. Hear me sing." :tickled:

But hell, you could top his vocals possibly. My best goes out for that one my man! :D

I have played the guitar for about 10 years.... Im 25 now. my main influences are Joe Satriani, Dream Theater Symphony x and of course Evergrey. I just learned Masterplan and Solitude within. Its hard to find the sheet music so I need to learn it by ear so I don't think I play all the solos quite fight but, its close enough. Thanks to Evergrey for all their inspiration and to the fans for giving me something to talk about!!!

I've played the guitar for 3 years. I had a black metal band but I came out because I didn't have time and our music became for me so dull.
Besides I want to learn playing cello.

i play the electric guitar [never learned the acoustic :erk: ] and i'm trying to form a band of old-school black metal like inmortal and new heavy black death like amon amarth

I'm looking to make an Immortal type group too. Not raw black metal, but Sons Of Northern Darkness sounding. No Satanic/Pagan lyrics (although I suppose some would be closer to Pagan than anything) and with understandable vocals. Most of the lyrics would revolve around nature and Norse myths, Vikings, etc... I also want to do a Burzum like project, circa Hviss Lyset Tar Oss - completely solo and atmospheric, nature inspired, etc...

Vocalist / Keyboardist mostly , also able to do some percussionist duty's and am working on my guitar skills. But to narrow it down , Singing is the thing that leads the musical preference for me though.
( Allthough I would really like to get higher edgy notes that guys like Russel Allen and Tom S. Englund can do , I'm still stuck in the "Neal Morse" fase so to speak.)

Lacrawl said:
Hey, I was wondering how many of the people on here play instruments. I am a singer and a keyboard player, myself. I can also do basic riffs on a guitar and basic beats on drums. But I am mostly just a singer and keyboardist. So, how many of you play instruments?

I play Drums very very well at age 14 as I am now. I like EverGrey a lot, and live in the New york state looking for a band with talent badly :wave:

I have an acoustic guitar. I only can't play it because I don't have time for lessons and practice.
I hope I have more time when I finish my school.
My boyfriend recently started to play electric guitar and he is getting good at it (from my opinion :).

guitar here!

but over the years i've learned to play basic keyboard and do everything associated with making tunes on the computer... writing my own drum loops, making samples, sequencing, etc...

i don't play much evergrey... i'm not sure what tunings they even use..but evergrey on guitar is a big no no for me, cuz my metal style is way to close to theirs... i don't want to make it even closer that would look bad. these days i rarely riff in heavy metal tho. my guitar solos are uber metal though. i like heavy metal themes and atmosphere, you know the diminished and arabian sounds..the bombastic harmony stuff...but i'm just not as into thrashy picking and stuff.

anyway i don't really post on this board much...

but i love guitars, shredding, acoustic mellow emoness...everything