Instruments

drums... so-so well, I need to put more time into playing

though right now I only own a digital set, haven't had any access to a real set in a while apart from a really old and run down set at our country place

I play guitar, sing, and used to play the trumpet in my high school stage band. Since I'm a guitarist I guess that automatically makes me a bassist too.

I'm mainly a rhythm guitarist but I play a few solos every now and then. Not a shredder and don't aspire to be...I don't have that mindset. I can play fast when I have to and I'm practicing sweeping just for shits and giggles. I prefer playing rhythms that are more difficult than shredding, both physically and mentally. I really hate sweep picking, but the technique can help you in compositions. Shit like 5-string sweeps is just bullshit to show off, in my opinion, because it really doesn't improve the song one single bit. "Oooh, he's sweeping a minor triad in the fourth position...let me wank all over him". Playing a scale up and down really fast is just as boring as it is when played slowly; in fact, it's probably even more boring.

Gimme Chris DeGarmo, David Gilmour, Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman, and Steve Morse any day over Malmsteen. Right now I'm studying theory just for the simple understanding of music as a whole, not so I can spout off about which mode I would play X solo in.

TERRY%2BBOZZIO%2BDRUMSET.jpg

I wan't this drum set. Look at all the fucking pedals!